£500 pc

Maykooc

Budget (including currency): £500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: general gaming and media course work

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): My friend wants to buy a pc with me but doesn’t know much about computers, I’ve offered to build it for her if she gets me the parts but she doesn’t know which parts to get, nor does she know what games she wants to run. She’s currently studying media at college and needs her computer to handle video editing and such, so any pc parts list with amd would be nice.

18 minutes ago, Maykooc said:

Budget (including currency): £500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: general gaming and media course work

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): My friend wants to buy a pc with me but doesn’t know much about computers, I’ve offered to build it for her if she gets me the parts but she doesn’t know which parts to get, nor does she know what games she wants to run. She’s currently studying media at college and needs her computer to handle video editing and such, so any pc parts list with amd would be nice.

Slightly more than 500 pounds but I think this rig should suit you quite well. If you need a monitor then compromises would need to be made.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£95.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£74.38 @ CCL Computers) 
Memory: Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£64.45 @ Ebuyer) 
Storage: ADATA SU630 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£49.01 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon RX 570 8 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card  (£139.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: CiT F3 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£27.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£52.56 @ CCL Computers) 
Total: £504.37
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-09 06:23 BST+0100

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

3 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£95.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£74.38 @ CCL Computers) 
Memory: Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£64.45 @ Ebuyer) 
Storage: ADATA SU630 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£49.01 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon RX 570 8 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card  (£139.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: CiT F3 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£27.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£52.56 @ CCL Computers) 
Total: £504.37
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-09 06:23 BST+0100

RX 580 is only £17 more. 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/MsWfrH/xfx-radeon-rx-580-8gb-gts-xxx-ed-video-card-rx-580p8dfd6

I would get this. The RX 580 + 3300x combo will outperform both the builds posted, the power supply is better than either of them (Kolink Classic v2 are high B-tier), and you get a tempered glass case. Also barely over budget.