Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Upgrading my PC

Hello gamers, I decided to upgrade a little bit my budget PC.

Current specs:

Geforce 1060 3gb

Pentium CPU G2120 3.10GHz 3100megahertz

Motherboard - Gigabyty H61M-S2PV

4gb RAM

PSU is attached pictures(sorry for the quality)

Tell me please if you need any other specs.
(also sorry is it's a wrong thread, would appreciate if you tell me where should I post it to get some help)

 

So I was struggling with this bottleneck and my PC for as long as I've got this computer. I dont have much money to upgraded, I really wish I could, because I can't play like 8\10 games I want, everything is lagging, freezing and fps is usually lower than 30. But enough is enough. I'm a little low on budget, however I have aroung 500$(+\-), and I want to buy a new motherboard, CPU and RAM. Please let me know what is the best pair for my GPU. I know that it's not a lot of money, but I'm aiming to get 50-60 stable FPS in games like Warzone, GTA5 etc. (Also I'm not really a pc-guy, so I probably won't understand if you gonna speak some technical language, so keep it simple if possible :)) Appreciate your help!

oolrGQf-BS0.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a heads up but the psu will be needed to replaced too because it's a terrible unit.

 

You could easily fit a good psu ryzen 3300x,  b450 motherboard and 16gb of ram in that budget.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, toudei said:

Hello gamers, I decided to upgrade a little bit my budget PC.

Current specs:

Geforce 1060 3gb

Pentium CPU G2120 3.10GHz 3100megahertz

Motherboard - Gigabyty H61M-S2PV

4gb RAM

PSU is attached pictures(sorry for the quality)

Tell me please if you need any other specs.
(also sorry is it's a wrong thread, would appreciate if you tell me where should I post it to get some help)

 

So I was struggling with this bottleneck and my PC for as long as I've got this computer. I dont have much money to upgraded, I really wish I could, because I can't play like 8\10 games I want, everything is lagging, freezing and fps is usually lower than 30. But enough is enough. I'm a little low on budget, however I have aroung 500$(+\-), and I want to buy a new motherboard, CPU and RAM. Please let me know what is the best pair for my GPU. I know that it's not a lot of money, but I'm aiming to get 50-60 stable FPS in games like Warzone, GTA5 etc. (Also I'm not really a pc-guy, so I probably won't understand if you gonna speak some technical language, so keep it simple if possible :)) Appreciate your help!

oolrGQf-BS0.jpg

$500 dollars is actually a pretty decent amount for this kind of upgrade. I would look at buying a ryzen 3300X for about $120, paired with a B450 board for about $100, then add in a 2x8GB ram kit for about $70. I would then save the remaining $210 for a gpu upgrade in the future

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

 

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

 

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

 

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, marmour said:

$500 dollars is actually a pretty decent amount for this kind of upgrade. I would look at buying a ryzen 3300X for about $120, paired with a B450 board for about $100, then add in a 2x8GB ram kit for about $70. I would then save the remaining $210 for a gpu upgrade in the future

or he could use that money now to buy a decent psu to future proof himself in the future as the current psu he has won't last him much longer as its a pretty bad unit

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1660 Super oc 6g
Mobo:MSI b450 tomahawk max

RAM: 32gb ddr4 lpx vengeance 3200mhz

PSU: cxm 450

Case: Corsair Carbide Series

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Something like this would be good:

 

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

 

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

 

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to throw in my 2 cent. I have a GTX 1060 6gb. Everything else you can see in my signature below. So right now you can get a AMD Ryzen 3600 for around $167.00 off Newegg or Amazon. A nice B450 motherboard will do you for now and it will support the Ryzen. With the Memory, you can go cheap with it as long as it is either 3200Mhz or higher. This should keep you under you budget of 500.00

 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Zq8qKB

 

This is $374.87

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would aim for something like this:

Few things to note. The 3300X seems to be out of stock everywhere at the moment, so make sure you do not pay much more than the 120 dollar msrp for it. Also, the psu is very overkill, but there are very few reasonably priced decent units at the moment

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

 

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

 

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

 

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, zeusthemoose said:

Something like this would be good:

 

I almost picked the same thing but I but in a little RGB because RGB BABY. Did not add a power supply

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you everyone for such a fast replies!

That sounds good altough in my country there's a much higher prices for this, but I'll look into it for sure.
Heard a lot of "rumors", or maybe it's true, that AMD is heating hard and not as good as Intel.

However I think that for its price AMD way better than Intel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

So should I buy a new PSU too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Or will it be good with Ryzen 3600 + MSI B450 + G.skill Ripjaws 16gb

Sorry if it's a stupid question

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, toudei said:

Thank you everyone for such a fast replies!

That sounds good altough in my country there's a much higher prices for this, but I'll look into it for sure.
Heard a lot of "rumors", or maybe it's true, that AMD is heating hard and not as good as Intel.

However I think that for its price AMD way better than Intel

Only if you get into Threadripper, but that CPU is outside of your budget alone. 

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, toudei said:

Or will it be good with Ryzen 3600 + MSI B450 + G.skill Ripjaws 16gb

Sorry if it's a stupid question

 

You should get a new PSU

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Omikse said:

You should get a new PSU

Aight, gonna do so.
Do you know any site where I can check fps in games with custom specs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Omikse said:

You should get a new PSU

Also just went to some discord pc building server.
Someone said that 3600 will overkill 1060 3gb and my PSU is far than enough.. What do I do man

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, toudei said:

Also just went to some discord pc building server.
Someone said that 3600 will overkill 1060 3gb and my PSU is far than enough.. What do I do man

You could try the Ryzen 2600, it is still relevant to todays games. As for the PSU, a new one say at 650w would be better. Also A suggestion that marmour said in an above post 

Quote

$500 dollars is actually a pretty decent amount for this kind of upgrade. I would look at buying a ryzen 3300X for about $120, paired with a B450 board for about $100, then add in a 2x8GB ram kit for about $70. I would then save the remaining $210 for a gpu upgrade in the future.

You can get a decent GPU like a 1650 for around $180.00. Just a few more suggestions.

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×