gtx 1070

Hello . i recently got a used gtx 1070 a blower style ( asus turbo ) temps reach 83c on full load but it does not throttle . should i be concerned ?

83c is a little toasty but ultimately fine 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

thank you . i have another question . i tried to raise the fan speed but the temps stays the same and the gpu clock goes until 1900mhz . i think it has a auto boost . can i turn it off ?

22 minutes ago, MounirKalla said:

Hello . i recently got a used gtx 1070 a blower style ( asus turbo ) temps reach 83c on full load but it does not throttle . should i be concerned ?

why the hell u bought blower style card..those are worse out there....

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

i have an alienware aurora it cames with it

The default thermal throttle temperature is in the low 80's so you're not far off. GPUs for a long time (both nvidia and AMD) are designed to boost as far as possible until one of many limits are hit. On nvidia, the different limits may be clock, power, voltage, temperature.

If you want to run it cooler, you can reduce either the thermal limit or power limit.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

You could limit the speed of your GPU, if you really want.
The GPU basically has a temperature target, that is safe to hit. It will give you as much performance as it can give you within that target. Increasing the fan speed, will give you more performance, but it will also make your card louder, so you have to know what you want.

You can reduce the thermal limit if you feel that 83°C is too hot for you (with MSI Afterburner for example).

You could also set voltages and clockspeeds on your own, but tinkering with that can lead to instability.

Your card could also benifit from undervolting it (basically running it at the lowest voltage possible, which can save some power and lower temperatures), if you are into that, but you have to look up a guide on that on your own ;)

8 minutes ago, porina said:

The default thermal throttle temperature is in the low 80's so you're not far off. GPUs for a long time (both nvidia and AMD) are designed to boost as far as possible until one of many limits are hit. On nvidia, the different limits may be clock, power, voltage, temperature.

If you want to run it cooler, you can reduce either the thermal limit or power limit.

how can i reduce the thermal limit

3 minutes ago, adm0n said:

You could limit the speed of your GPU, if you really want.
The GPU basically has a temperature target, that is safe to hit. It will give you as much performance as it can give you withing that target. Increasing the fan speed, will give you more performance, but it will also make your card louder, so you have to know what you want.

You can reduce the thermal limit if you feel that 83°C is too hot for you (with MSI Afterburner for example).

You could also set voltages and clockspeeds on your own, but tinkering with that can lead to instability.

Your card could also benifit from undervolting it (basically running it at the lowest voltage possible, which can save some power and lower temperatures), if you are into that, but you have to look up a guide on that on your own ;)

my card is not that load . i tried msi afterburner to set temp limit but it didnt do anything.

Just now, MounirKalla said:

my card is not that load

What do you mean by that?

Just now, MounirKalla said:

i tried msi afterburner to set temp limit but it didnt do anything.

Did you also hit the 'apply' button?

1 minute ago, adm0n said:

What do you mean by that?

Did you also hit the 'apply' button?

sorry i meant loud . and yes i pressed the apply button

That sounds hard to believe. Blower style cards are usually pretty loud  : D

And when you tried this, your card was also already at 83°C? Then it should realistically slow down and try to reach the temperature you’ve set.

Or what are you exactly doing?