What should my fan curve be?

Freshby69

I have a Ryzen 2600 (overclocked to 4.0GHz) and an RX580 8gb, I have a Corsair H100x 240mm water cooler for my CPU, and have 2 Corsair SP120s in my case.

What should my fan curve be for my PC, I would prefer my PC to be quieter, but it is tolerable at the moment.

Thanks

do you have any problem with the current setting?

if not, leave it that way.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

5 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

do you have any problem with the current setting?

if not, leave it that way.

Not particularly, I was just wondering if my PC could be quieter without losing performance.

High performance and silence don’t usually work well together. There are always concessions to be made. It can be done but you usually pay.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X

20 hours ago, Freshby69 said:

Not particularly, I was just wondering if my PC could be quieter without losing performance.

The curve doesn't directly effect on that. It sets at what point fans will ramp up. As they eventually will need to. So if you want fans to be quiet and only ramp up when you are doing something heavy, you set logarithmic curve with steep ramp. If you like to keep temps in control with very minimal changes to fan speeds, you setup more linear curve which constantly adjusts to changes.

I would recommend that you test what is limit of fan performance. For my fans its around 80%. After that they don't changes temps much to make a difference. So all my fans are set to max at 80% (GPU fan at 60%).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv