Monitor's display degrades while closing the lid of laptop...

Hey!

I was trying to project my laptop dell 7566 monitor(1920/1080) to a AOC monitor (1366/768) default.

The monitor works perfectly while on laptop's lid is on even in (1920/1080) resolution but when I fold the lid completely the quality of the LED monitor degrades. I am just confuse the monitor works fine on the old PC I use! ... 

Help anyone!!!

Thanks

in short I would guess Driver issue with the different screen resolutions.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

37 minutes ago, DimeBagg said:

the quality of the LED monitor degrades

I guess that you meant that your resolution changes?

With the limited information I have, I think that you are experiencing changes in screen settings when you close and open the lid. The display configurations change because by closing the lid, only the external monitor stays visible to the OS (at least with default power settings). When you close the lid of your laptop, the projection settings change from mirroring (duplicate) to external display only (second screen only). Projection settings in Windows can be opened with shortcut Win+P. You can confirm this by changing projection modes while the lid is open.

Try changing resolution of the external monitor when you close the lid (or the second screen only projection mode is activated). That should solve your problem.

My heart belongs to AMD but that doesn't mean I furiously hate Intel or NVIDIA :)

MAIN RIG AMD Ryzen 7 1700 | ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac | MSI HD7950 OC 3GB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB @ 2666MHz (Samsung D-Die) | ADATA SX8200 480GB NVMe SSD & Seagate Barracuda 120 1TB SSD & WD Black 500GB | Sharkoon QB One

LAPTOP Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 (14ARE05) - AMD Ryzen 5 4500U | AMD Vega 8 (Renoir) | 16GB RAM | SKHynix PC601 512GB (OEM) | 1080p 300nit non-touch display

1 hour ago, redteam4ever said:

I guess that you meant that your resolution changes?

With the limited information I have, I think that you are experiencing changes in screen settings when you close and open the lid. The display configurations change because by closing the lid, only the external monitor stays visible to the OS (at least with default power settings). When you close the lid of your laptop, the projection settings change from mirroring (duplicate) to external display only (second screen only). Projection settings in Windows can be opened with shortcut Win+P. You can confirm this by changing projection modes while the lid is open.

Try changing resolution of the external monitor when you close the lid (or the second screen only projection mode is activated). That should solve your problem.

Thanks for the reply!

I did changed my resolution and tried to match the resolution to my laptop and monitor which is 1080p . Monitor is a bit old Its default is 1366/768 abut it does support 1080p but problem occurs in all resolution settings I changed!! and about projection I tried all projections. only Extend screen option can bringt the good display.

1 hour ago, Anghammarad said:

in short I would guess Driver issue with the different screen resolutions.

Yesh I did upgraded my drivers aswell!!

19 minutes ago, DimeBagg said:

Thanks for the reply!

I did changed my resolution and tried to match the resolution to my laptop and monitor which is 1080p . Monitor is a bit old Its default is 1366/768 abut it does support 1080p but problem occurs in all resolution settings I changed!! and about projection I tried all projections. only Extend screen option can bringt the good display.

What I don't understand from your replies is what is the actual problem. Do you not see 1080p in the resolution settings? In that case, are you trying to set resolution from Windows or the GPU driver?

Can you maybe send screenshots of your settings when it's OK and when it's not?

Monitor sends Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) to the graphics card which lists all of the supported resolutions. Faulty cable or loose connection can prevent this which causes the driver to list some default list of resolutions.

If you are sure that the monitor supports 1080p, and you cannot set it, you can then try to set a custom resolution from your GPU driver. This should be your last resort, because something is wrong if you can't set the right resolution.

My heart belongs to AMD but that doesn't mean I furiously hate Intel or NVIDIA :)

MAIN RIG AMD Ryzen 7 1700 | ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac | MSI HD7950 OC 3GB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB @ 2666MHz (Samsung D-Die) | ADATA SX8200 480GB NVMe SSD & Seagate Barracuda 120 1TB SSD & WD Black 500GB | Sharkoon QB One

LAPTOP Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 (14ARE05) - AMD Ryzen 5 4500U | AMD Vega 8 (Renoir) | 16GB RAM | SKHynix PC601 512GB (OEM) | 1080p 300nit non-touch display