Short cuts not working

jake pace

I have windows installed on my 120 gb ssd and have downloads set to my hard drive but my desktop shortcuts don’t work 

Hey there I'm assuming you mean that the Downloads shortcut on your desktop doesn't direct you to the Downloads folder? I think Windows defaults your Downloads folder to your boot drive; if you've moved folders recently, the shortcut target/path might be broken.

The simplest solution may be to create a new Downloads shortcut on your Desktop and to delete the old, broken one.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

@Eschew no say if I download steam to drive d the shortcut on my desktop dosnt work (windows is installed on drive c)

5 minutes ago, jake pace said:

no say if I download steam to drive d the shortcut on my desktop dosnt work (windows is installed on drive c)

Hm. Odd. Have you attempted to set the shortcut target/path manually?

• Right-click on the shortcut, select "Properties".
  • In the "Target" field, enter the correct path for steam.exe located on your HDD (e.g. D:\Games\Steam\steam.exe).

Also, does this only occur for your Steam shortcut or all shortcuts on your Desktop?

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

1 minute ago, jake pace said:

yes this works but only for steam and nothing else

Sounds like a pathing issue that probably popped up after moving things from the C: to D: drives, then...? Manually setting the target/path for each shortcut broken by the move is one solution.

There are automated fixes for broken shortcuts as well; a quick Google search will return some results, but as they're third-party program(s), and I've no experience with them, I won't be guiding you through that alternative.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから