FPS or lack of

Luckyprock

My friend has constant FPS lag on fortnite even though he has decent specs

from what I know it is

I5 8600k

GTX 1060 6gb

2x8gb ddr4 2666mhz

but his cpu is maxed if you can contact him as well its @isoliights on twitter to contact him for more information and helping him. Thanks! he loves streaming and wants to play competitve as well

Wouldn't it make a bit more sense for him to post here instead of you, lol? I went to his twitter and it seems a lot of people are already trying to dm him. Well, regardless, has he checked GPU drivers for updates? If his CPU is maxed out that kinda sounds like there's something running in the background that's sapping a lotta juice. 

average fl studio fan vs average cubase enjoyer

rubber dome apologist

if you are reading this you are contracted the gae

Does this happen all the time, or only when he is streaming? If the latter is the case, he should try using the 1060's NVENC instead of using the CPU for encoding

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Matey he uses NVENC new encoder which I thought was just for rtx cards and I posted just because hes stressed out and no one on twitter has been a huge help and my extent if knowledge isnt great but I did my best to help