Recieved already opened processor box from store?

NotViktor
Go to solution Solved by Jae Tee,

I have strong doubts of foul play, just saying.

Hello!

I just bought and recieved the Intel i5-10600K, and after looking at the box i noticed that the sticker containing the product code and such were loose. This made me suspicious of the box having already been opened. Note the seal on the other opening was still intact. When I opened the package from the side of the loose sticker there was a crease on one of the carboard flapps suggesting that that have been bent. How likley do you think it is that the box was opened and the contents were messed with?

Pics for reference.

IMG_0682.PNG

IMG_0681.PNG

IMG_0680.PNG

Edited by NotViktor
Changed pics to PNG

well im not opening whatever that file extension is but if it bugs you then just return it for an unopened one.

3 minutes ago, NotViktor said:

Hello!

I just bought and recieved the Intel i5-10600K, and after looking at the box i noticed that the sticker containing the product code and such were loose. This made me suspicious of the box having already been opened. Note the seal on the other opening was still intact. When I opened the package from the side of the loose sticker there was a crease on one of the carboard flapps suggesting that that have been bent. How likley do you think it is that the box was opened and the contents were messed with?

Pics for reference.

IMG_0833.HEIC 1.49 MB · 3 downloads IMG_7547.HEIC 1.26 MB · 0 downloads IMG_8774.HEIC 1.53 MB · 0 downloads

Embed the pics.

Seems like an easy answer. You paid for a new product. If you have an issue with the condition bring it up with the retailer. Not sure what you want us to do.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

5 minutes ago, NotViktor said:

This made me suspicious of the box having already been opened

Take it up with the store if you have any concerns. I had this happen before. The store, which was also a system builder, said they had "mistakenly" mixed a CPU put aside for a build but not used in the end back into the new stock. I got an extra discount and all was well.

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

well im not opening whatever that file extension is but if it bugs you then just return it for an unopened one.

Apple user.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

I'm just wondering if you think it would even matter if the box was opened. I know enough about CPUs to know about the silicone lottery, but not enough to know if it would be worth to say unpackage and test CPUs and then resell for more.

6 minutes ago, NotViktor said:

I'm just wondering if you think it would even matter if the box was opened. I know enough about CPUs to know about the silicone lottery, but not enough to know if it would be worth to say unpackage and test CPUs and then resell for more.

Based on the pics it looks like the glue from the sticker weakened a little a lifted up. If it was opened by someone I would expect it to be cut or ripped somewhat. The "bend" is the cardboard is trivial at best and non-issue IMO.

But, if it bugs you bring it back to the store and swap it out.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

8 minutes ago, Jae Tee said:

Thanks! It seems unlikely, I just wanted to check with you guys first.