650 TI OC Problems

So I built my rig about a year ago and initially just let the Asus 650ti 1GB run at the clock speed it came it, 980mhz. Then about 4 or 5 months ago I decided to try and overclock it. Being lazy, I just turned the voltage all the way up and then the core clock to around 1110mhz and the memory speed up 250mhz and all was fine. But about 2 months ago I noticed if I was playing bioshock with the card overclocked after about half an hour or so my computer would freeze and I'd have to restart it. Now if I try to play anything with anything on the card turned up at all, the whole system will freeze after a minute or two. I have no idea why this would happen and would really appreciate someone's help. Thank you very much! Also, my temps are never really over 60 Celsius so I don't think that's the problem.

The card can't handle the overclock, plain and simple. Dial it down until it's stable.

Dunno why you'd try that hard to overclock a card, it's not like you're going to get a 670 or 680 out of it from pushing the 650ti that hard.

AlwaysFSX but it handled that overclock for a while, and now any overclocking at all causes the entire system to crash. Do I just have to run it at stock speeds now? And Grave, I was just wondering how far it could go, and it was stable for a while so I figured it was okay.

Rule no.1 Always stresstest overclocked pc at least few hours. ( sometimes it takes up to 24h until the problems start showing).

If the system crashes dial it down. Finding 100% stable OC takes time.

AlwaysFSX but it handled that overclock for a while, and now any overclocking at all causes the entire system to crash. Do I just have to run it at stock speeds now? And Grave, I was just wondering how far it could go, and it was stable for a while so I figured it was okay.

NEVER just rush an OC. Put aside a few hours or even a day to get it right. Otherwise you may damage hardware or reduce the lifespan of your hardware when you never had to. You may have damaged your card or you might be running too high of an OC this entire time and you only recently noticed it.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"