Downgrade IpadOS

hey guys, i dont know if i can ask this on here, delete if need to

im an apple noob, my only device i ever bought it ipad pro 2018

but ever since i saw that linus video about jailbreak i wanted to jailbreak my ipad pro 2018 but somehow it updated to 13.5.1 whike apple normaly only update over wifi and not 4g

i wanted to get more flexibility like android and windows for example

ipads file browser access on windows explorer

more file extensions playback like mkv,ass,ssa, flac ogm, ogg opus exc...

face unloc directly to home sceen

if possible ldac,aptx on bluetooth instead shitty aac

if possible a dailer to call with the ipad and . or install whatsapp on it

smaller keyboard instead a half screen one

force resize of apps for split screen

and maby dolby atmos

18 hours ago, WesleyNL said:

hey guys, i dont know if i can ask this on here, delete if need to

im an apple noob, my only device i ever bought it ipad pro 2018

but ever since i saw that linus video about jailbreak i wanted to jailbreak my ipad pro 2018 but somehow it updated to 13.5.1 whike apple normaly only update over wifi and not 4g

i wanted to get more flexibility like android and windows for example

ipads file browser access on windows explorer

more file extensions playback like mkv,ass,ssa, flac ogm, ogg opus exc...

face unloc directly to home sceen

if possible ldac,aptx on bluetooth instead shitty aac

if possible a dailer to call with the ipad and . or install whatsapp on it

smaller keyboard instead a half screen one

force resize of apps for split screen

and maby dolby atmos

Two things:

You can technically downgrade to iOS 13.5 at the moment, although I wouldn't do it for a few reasons.  First, you're reintroducing a security vulnerability -- that's how jailbreaks work.

More importantly, though, it seems like your reasons for doing so are more a combination of not-so-realistic expectations and, if I'm honest, not fully understanding what you can do.  Phone dialling with the iPad, and Dolby Atmos are dictated more by hardware than by software (I'm not sure that the iPad's cellular modem allows for voice); Sony isn't about to provide LDAC.  For voice calls, I'd rather just use a native messaging app with live voice calls.  WhatsApp doesn't have an iPad app, but you can use the web version.

There's at least some good news, though.  Yu shouldn't need to jailbreak to play certain file formats, as apps like VLC might do the trick.  Now, loading those files might be a bit trickier, but cloud services could likely do the job.  You can also get a small floating keyboard without a jailbreak, not to mention a split keyboard.  Basically, you may be saying "I need a jailbreak" when it turns out that at least some of what you want is already available.

17 hours ago, Commodus said:

Two things:

You can technically downgrade to iOS 13.5 at the moment, although I wouldn't do it for a few reasons.  First, you're reintroducing a security vulnerability -- that's how jailbreaks work.

More importantly, though, it seems like your reasons for doing so are more a combination of not-so-realistic expectations and, if I'm honest, not fully understanding what you can do.  Phone dialling with the iPad, and Dolby Atmos are dictated more by hardware than by software (I'm not sure that the iPad's cellular modem allows for voice); Sony isn't about to provide LDAC.  For voice calls, I'd rather just use a native messaging app with live voice calls.  WhatsApp doesn't have an iPad app, but you can use the web version.

There's at least some good news, though.  Yu shouldn't need to jailbreak to play certain file formats, as apps like VLC might do the trick.  Now, loading those files might be a bit trickier, but cloud services could likely do the job.  You can also get a small floating keyboard without a jailbreak, not to mention a split keyboard.  Basically, you may be saying "I need a jailbreak" when it turns out that at least some of what you want is already available.

"You can technically downgrade to iOS 13.5 at the moment, although I wouldn't do it for a few reasons.  First, you're reintroducing a security vulnerability -- that's how jailbreaks work."

as if apple have good security, nowdays apple's security have more holes in them thats why jailbreak got into play right?, and not only that there was more

but yes i know i lose security, i root my androids all the time to avoid adds and shit with adaway, other than that android ain't worth rooting anymore

_____

"More importantly, though, it seems like your reasons for doing so are more a combination of not-so-realistic expectations and, if I'm honest, not fully understanding what you can do.  Phone dialling with the iPad, and Dolby Atmos are dictated more by hardware than by software (I'm not sure that the iPad's cellular modem allows for voice); Sony isn't about to provide LDAC.  For voice calls, I'd rather just use a native messaging app with live voice calls.  WhatsApp doesn't have an iPad app, but you can use the web version."

yeah i know there is whatsapp web,

damn so no call options with a 4g modem,

doslby atmos is software right ? i mean i used dolby atmost from xda on alot devices that didn't had dobly atmos

ldac sounds just a tiny bit beter though,

_____

"There's at least some good news, though.  Yu shouldn't need to jailbreak to play certain file formats, as apps like VLC might do the trick.  Now, loading those files might be a bit trickier, but cloud services could likely do the job.  You can also get a small floating keyboard without a jailbreak, not to mention a split keyboard.  Basically, you may be saying "I need a jailbreak" when it turns out that at least some of what you want is already available."

i know there is vlc but it is crap,

1. not memorizing custom EQ

2. why can't they simply add folder play like km player did when i asked

3. why cant it just show folder names the way i copy them to ipad, why do it have to be first 8 charachters of a file name

vlc don't take my feedback and don't improve it the way it should be, this is where km player shined they improved alot since i wrote them a feedback,

vlc on the other hand making it worse with latest updates,

it auto group files, the wrong way, i had to resort all my videos, why can't they just add folder play

why don't vlc simply can show folder names the way i copy them to ipad,

i mean km player was able to add alot features i asked them to add, but somehow they don't react the the ting about the subs problem i have and the video quality being so blocky , this part is where vlc shines video improvement but on other things vlc literly sucks, it don't even memorize EQ settings, but it do work

i also missing that thing where i can see what file i played last in vlc

on android every app is so much beter, i love mx player but they don't want make a app for apple, that player simply is georgious, when i see apps onn ipad pro 2018 vs android apps, its like apple app devs truley suck at making them, some apps i use dont even work the way  it should be working, the iapd aint a bad device, i like it and i use it alot more than my s9+, the time i purchased this device i had high hopes, but 2.5 years later "yay apple found out trackpad/mouse support" i am like wtf even nokia on symbian had mouse support like n8, it even had hdmi, apple cost a fortune but they way apple tread their valued custommers is a no go in my opinnion

and yeah maby the things i want ain't worth jailbreaking

thing i am realy anoyed by is that home bar, and  face reconizion screen where i have to swipe up to unlock

the home bar simply is anoying when scrolling the web, and in certain games where swiping alot , i dont get it why apple cant auto hide that bar like samsung do , how hard can that be if even samsung can do it, i perfer options for ome bar, like for example double tab to show it, or maby corner swipe to show it, i mean it literly can't be hard but apple devs make it hard, if apple literly listen to people and give abit more freedom i would like apple more, all i get is from alot people th way apple is now " people asked for that" im like ok , wierd that people that uses apples always comes to me and ask how things works while i simply don't know it myself and they use apple devices longer than i do,

there is alot apple can improve and make life easyer instead finding things out that exist a decale already

then there is km player

km player video uality is garbage,

it don't show ass/ssa subs where fonts come in to play

basic subs with no fonts are damn tiny