Deepcool Gammax GT good for R7 2700 OC?

joser1813
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

Its upper midrange of air coolers. The question "how good" is hard to answer. Without knowing what kind of OC you got going, what are your current temps etc. However its really good considering the price it has there.

Its upper midrange of air coolers. The question "how good" is hard to answer. Without knowing what kind of OC you got going, what are your current temps etc. However its really good considering the price it has there.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

I used a feature called Game Boost that comes in the BIOs of my B450 Tomahawk to get 3,6 GHz and temps go over 90 C after a all core load like CB R20. On stock settings, I've seen 3,4 GHz with very good temps under 60 C

1 minute ago, joser1813 said:

I used a feature called Game Boost that comes in the BIOs of my B450 Tomahawk to get 3,6 GHz and temps go over 90 C after a all core load like CB R20. On stock settings, I've seen 3,4 GHz with very good temps under 60 C

i use a gigabyte atc800 rgb cooler and i can oc my r5 3600 @4.2ghz on all cores no problem. but i think your cooler will be much different cuz my cooler has a bigger heatsink. overall i think youll be fine if you want to oc to like 4 or even to the turbo boost 4.1ghz

4 minutes ago, joser1813 said:

Using stuff like that is usually bad choice. They are just boosting voltage. You can get much better results with manual OC.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv