Planning a new rig.

Rhom

Budget:  ₱85,000.00 ($1,700.00)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 3rd person games/Civ 6 then for business stuff, mostly using excel so not really a factor

Ok, so my previous pc stopped posting 7 days into the Community Quarantine and the monitor started bleeding a week after. Pissed me off to no end, have been canvassing for a new build since late March, just would like to ask opinions/suggestions on the build i’m planning to acquire. This would be the first build that i ever had that would be using an AMD cpu, Have always used an i5 since i started pc gaming a decade ago, but have seen reviews about the r5 3600 being the best mid tier cpu. 

MoBo Choices

Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming

Asus TUF X570 Plus Gaming (Non-Wifi)

CPU Choice

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

RAM

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (2x8gb/3000mhz/CL15)

STORAGE

WD Black 250GB m.2 nvme (boot)

Seagate barracuda 2TB HDD (storage)

GPU CHOICES

Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 OC 8gb (if 1440p)

Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super OV 8gb (if 1080p)

PSU

Seasonic Focus+ 650FX Gold fully mod

CASE

Corsair Spec 06 TG RGB 

MONITOR CHOICES

Asus VG278QR (1080p)

Asus VG279Q (1080p)

Asus VA32AQ (1440p)

Asus VG27BQ (1440p) (if budget permits)

PRE-EXISTING Working PARTS

MSI GTX 1060 6GB Armor

Samsung 860 Evo 250GB

Seagate Barracuda compute 1TB

NOTES

Have contacted various parts shops and have informed me of a shortage of RTX GPU’s except the 2070 super and up models.

Will it be alright if i use a Free Sync Monitor? 1440p Free sync monitors are a bit cheaper than the g-sync ones. 

Been also looking parts at amazon & newegg but worried about receiving a dead unit, and the shipping costs and import dues makes it more expensive.

Would like to try 1440p gaming if the budget permits, my previous monitor was an Asus VC239, and the previous build almost maxed out every game i threw at it. 

12 hours ago, Rhom said:

Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming

Asus TUF X570 Plus Gaming (Non-Wifi)

asus b450 board have bad power delivery. go for the x570 one or for a b450 from msi

Like Boggy .. Forget asus .. Buy MSI .. 

I have a x570 A pro MB and R5 3600 + gtx 1660Ti .. Runs nice..
Have tried with  MSI b450m pro m.2 max .. Same fps in CS:Go  and same score in tomb raider and cinebench 

If you go for MSI  go for a "MAX" MB .. All "max" will run 3. gen ryzen  without update bios... 

13 hours ago, Rhom said:

use the 570, and get  a wifi card if youre not using ethernet.  use both storages, and get a 2070 super, however maybe you want to just skimp out for now and have some money for the 3000 series cards? a 5600xt could work?

freesync is the AMD version of gsync, if you have a 2070 and a freesync monitor pretty sure it wont work, likewise vice versa.

if you wait until the 3k cards drop, get a 3070 then 1440p will be a smooth ride imo, but you can also get a 2070 now and just use it until the 3k series cards.

stuff is cool. stuff that has fancy lighting is cooler. stuff that has fancy lighting and works is the coolest.

i game so i know a bit abt gaming tech, not much abt professional tech.

writing this as i finish a 3 hour D2 sesh so excuse anything wrong.