New PC

Hey guys, I am looking to build a new computer so I would just like to run it by you guys, see if there are some problems with these parts I have chosen so far:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

CPU cooler: Thermaltake riing silent 12 pro

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX

RAM: KINGSTON HyperX Fury 2x16GB 3466MHz CL16

Graphics: Radeon RX 550

Power Supply: Antec HGC 750 Gold

SSD: Samsung SSD 970 EVO PLUS 500GB

Case: Thermaltake Commander G33

Two points that I'm really not sure about is:

1) will I be able to utilize all the RAM speed with this build?

2) is the power supply ok? I know nothing about them...

If anyone sees any problem with the build pls comment.

I know that graphics card is a bit underwhelming but I actually won't be gaming that much so I'm ok with this for now.

I'm also not looking to overclock this.

what are u gonna do with the pc?

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

Android development, some gaming...

I was thinking however that I could later maybe buy better graphics card and Oculus, but that's a maybe still

2 minutes ago, ShrikeThe said:

some gaming...

what kind of games? 

you may want to get something a little better than the rx 550 tho..............

3 minutes ago, ShrikeThe said:

Android development, some gaming...

What's your budget ?

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

As far as the games that I play, right now I'm playing Little Nightmares, waiting for the new game from Playdead and also waiting for Psychonauts 2, so nothing that big really...

I would like to keep the budget around 1000 $.

RX550 is in my current PC so that's not part of the budget, I'm bringing it over from the old PC

20 minutes ago, ShrikeThe said:

RX550 is in my current PC so that's not part of the budget, I'm bringing it over from the old PC

U can do much better even without that RX 550.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jtWGgJ

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($167.00 @ Walmart) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler  ($38.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ Best Buy) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($77.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Adorama) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5600 XT 6 GB GAMING OC Video Card  ($289.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  ($58.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($94.99 @ Best Buy) 
Total: $967.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-02 13:53 EDT-0400

Prices are now crazy due to the ongoing pandemic...

But this a much better build overall.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Wow! Thx, I'm going to look into this build! So given the Ryzen 5 3600 will really be capable of utilizing all that RAM speed? 

I ask because on my previuos PC I bought 8GB 2400MHz RAM of which my Athlon could only utilize 1333MHz :D

46 minutes ago, ShrikeThe said:

Two points that I'm really not sure about is:

1) will I be able to utilize all the RAM speed with this build?

2) is the power supply ok? I know nothing about them...

If anyone sees any problem with the build pls comment.

I know that graphics card is a bit underwhelming but I actually won't be gaming that much so I'm ok with this for now.

I'm also not looking to overclock this.

1) Yes ryzen really likes fast ram, u will get a noticeable performance increase, be sure to enable DOCP (XMP for AMD) option in BIOS.

2) The Power supply is overkill , 550w is enough for this build....I went with the CX 650M since the CX 550M is overpriced....

But both of them are good PSUs....

Note: I suggest you buy some case fans and slap them on to the front panel but otherwise this build is really good. 

1 minute ago, ShrikeThe said:

Wow! Thx, I'm going to look into this build! So given the Ryzen 5 3600 will really be capable of utilizing all that RAM speed? 

I ask because on my previuos PC I bought 8GB 2400MHz RAM of which my Athlon could only utilize 1333MHz :D

Did u check the BIOS ?

Yes 3600Mhz is the sweet spot for ryzen 3000.

Cool! Thx Void Master, this really helps me a lot! :) I did't really check the BIOS, I only learned later that CPU runs natively on 1333 MHz.

Just now, ShrikeThe said:

Cool! Thx Void Master, this really helps me a lot! :) I did't really check the BIOS, I only learned later that CPU runs natively on 1333 MHz.

Check the DOCP or XMP setting in BIOS.

Also if the prices currently were better maybe we could have fit an rx 5700 .... 

-= Topic moved to New Builds and Planning =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

you could do quite a bit better:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($167.00 @ Walmart) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ Best Buy) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory  ($62.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Team MS30 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB Video Card  ($399.99 @ Best Buy) 
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Best Buy) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Best Buy) 
Total: $1029.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-02 18:15 EDT-0400