Ducky - Mechkeyboard

90C07B12

So I just got my ducky keyboard.. the problem that I have is that it wont work when I have it on the PS2 port of my motherboard. It works when I use a USB port. I have tried my filco on the PS2 port and it works fine.. Any ideas ?

post-16087-0-61392600-1367330259_thumb.j

post-16087-0-61392600-1367330259_thumb.j

I'd say just use usb and not ps/2.

if you must use ps/2. does it work on other computers? and does it still light up?

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Welcome to the Ducky owners club! Nice YotD there~

On topic: Perhaps your cable is faulty? Anyway, why use PS/2 when nKRO is supported on USB which is provided with the keyboard?

I'm waiting for one myself. fullsize. :)

can't wait.

On topic: Perhaps your cable is faulty? Anyway, why use PS/2 when nKRO is supported on USB which is provided with the keyboard?

Is there full nkro through USB? I never knew that, I thought it was just PS2 only!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I'd say just use usb and not ps/2.

if you must use ps/2. does it work on other computers? and does it still light up?

I just wanted to know why it doesn't. It does not work on other computers with ps2 only USB. Maybe it doesn't like my adapter?

Thanks for the welcome. Yes other than the ps2 not working the keyboard is really nice on par quality with my filcos the detachable cable + back-lightning are one of the reasons I got this. 

I waiting for one myself. fullsize. :)

can't wait.

Don't think there is a YotD full size. 

Is there full nkro through USB? I never knew that, I thought it was just PS2 only!

There is a DIP switch at the back if you turn on number 4 you can switch between 6KRO and NKRO on USB the only problem is that NKRO on USB might not work with some bioses.

It could be the adapter, it might be dip switch settings.

have you left it at nkro or have you switched over to 6kro when using ps/2?

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

It could be the adapter, it might be dip switch settings.

have you left it at nkro or have you switched over to 6kro when using ps/2?

I have tried everything possible. So its either the adapter or my motherboard ( GA Z77X-UP7 ) not liking the keyboard. I will try to remember to get another adapter on my next order from a retailer.

Don't think there is a YotD full size. 

I mean a Ducky keyboard.

It's the DK9008SII.

I mean a Ducky keyboard.

It's the DK9008SII.

The shine II you mean yeah its the same as mine without the dragon modifier and the different colours back-lighting. You wont regret getting it :-)

Also another thing I personally like is the space button unlike filco keyboards it uses cherry stabilizers instead of the normal bar.. Although there are some that hate this so you should probably check one out before buying.

Welcome to the Ducky club, nice YOTD KB there, thinking of getting it as well though I already have the DS II 78 Version. Like you'd said, perhaps it's the adapter, or simply incompatible with your mobo. Anyway, I hope you can sort out this issue ...

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

The shine II you mean yeah its the same as mine without the dragon modifier and the different colours back-lighting. You wont regret getting it :-)

Also another thing I personally like is the space button unlike filco keyboards it uses cherry stabilizers instead of the normal bar.. Although there are some that hate this so you should probably check one out before buying.

Yes, i'm aware of the cherry stabilizers but i actually never had any mech before. So i think i'll be fine. :)

Yes, i'm aware of the cherry stabilizers but i actually never had any mech before. So i think i'll be fine. :)

It's a little "mushy" to those used to cherry mx blues, but since you have no experience with mech keyboards it'll feel just fine for you ^^

from what i understand, the cherry stabilizers feel make the space bar feel like cherry blacks - talking about the 'mushiness'?

Not so much a cherry black but yes, closer to a black than a membrane by any means. It's just slightly heavier than other keys but nothing you would'nt get used to in a day

Well I prefer reds to blues so I actually prefer that mushiness over the clickiness. It also depends on the switches for example the cherry black ducky has a grey switch for the spacebar.

This is whats great with mechanical keyboards so many choices.

Probably a BIOS problem. There may be an option to enable the port.

The thing is that it works with my other keyboards tried 2 filcos and 1 noppoo ( noppoo with blue switches for sale if anyone wants barerly used)

Edit: after some research I found out that ps2 converters dont work properly on any ducky and to get nkro you just have tonflip the forth dip switch as i said earlier so there is no problem with mine which is a relief.