PC Freezes, CPU and GPU spike to 100% every few minutes after power outage

So recently I had a power outage, power was gone for maybe 3 minutes and my power bar shut off and I heard a pop, I booted up the PC, everything seemed fine and I thought nothing of it, so I launched red dead redemption 2 and it starting freezing when it had never done that before, I thought it was the game until it started happening even on google chrome and now it takes me 3 or 4 attempts to boot up any game because it crashes almost instantly, could someone help?

my pc specs are:

Ryzen 5 3600

RX580 4GB

asrock b450m pro4 micro ATX

corsair vengeance 16GB 3000mhz

and a Corsair 600watt power supply

i suspect it’s a power supply issue as everything else works as it should besides the freezing and crashing but I want to be sure before I blow 80 dollars on a power supply I might not need

5 minutes ago, freesmelly said:

Corsair 600watt power supply

sounds like one of their older models, since their current gen units (under 1000 watts) all end in 50. CX450, CV550, RM850.

You definitely want to see if a friend can lend a PSU to test with, before spending any money.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

sounds like one of their older models, since their current gen units (under 1000 watts) all end in 50. CX450, CV550, RM850.

You definitely want to see if a friend can lend a PSU to test with, before spending any money.

Yeah I’ll probably try that, thanks

UPDATE: I went into NZXT cam and gave my GPU 10% more power limit and everything seems to be going fine now, no crashing or freezing