I need input on these parts

Budget (including currency): $2000-2500 CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming, streaming and content creation

Other details Current cost $2200 CAD

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x 3.6 GHz 8 core processor

CPU COOLER: Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT 75 CFM liquid CPU cooler

MOTHERBOARD: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (wifi) ATX AM4 motherboard

MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB DDR4 3600

STORAGE: Seagate barracuda compute 2 TB HDD

Western Digital blue 250 GB M.2 SSD

GRAPHICS CARD: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB

CASE: NZXT H510i ATX Mid Tower Case

POWER SUPPLY: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ gold

Please give me as much feed back as possible. Ive been looking into getting a new computer and i just need to know if these parts that i have chosen are quality. If you have any recommendations on a part that i could substitute out please let me know. i would also like to keep the cost as low as i can

THANK YOU!!! 

I would definitely skip the HDD. Mechanical storage for such a high-end build could be definitely replaced by eg. 1TB SSD.  Looks good otherwise. 

Add an ssd as your boot drive. If you have room in the budget, get one big enough to put your most used games on as well. Crucial p1 is pretty good.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Listen to the Konrad. Also if you are going M.2 you may as well pay like 20$ more and get a EVO, PRO or WD black (i think HP has a really fast cheap m.2 now). Perhaps get like a 1tb m.2 and a 1tb SATA. you start paying a premium for SSDs bigger than that, and its pretty much no trouble to deal with a /d drive. 

I would recommend you get a 16x2 kit of ram so you can upgrade to 64 in the future, but I'm not too up to date on Ryzen's recent ravenous ram requirements, so maybe spending more for speed is better. For example, Cities skylines with mods + chrome in the back can fill up 16gb, and Cities is an old game. Spending more money makes a better computer who would've known. 

Honestly that CPU is overkill for games. Get a ryzen 5 3600x, OC it and spend the remainder elsewhere

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 12.11.44 AM.pngpersonally I would go with a 9700KF since 10th gen just came out with its new socket and all, but i get that team red is in vogue and that's a big change to make. Overall if you bought what you posted it would've been a screaming computer, just not the most cost effective or future-proof. 

2012 mac mini server

2015 macbook

2010 macbook 

ha you thot 

xeon e5 2687-w

Intel BXRTS2011LC cooler

ASRock X79 Champion

XFX R9 380

32gb ram

whatever PSU 750w

Coming soon!

9600hk

Vega 64 frontier edition (air cooled)

32gb 3200 ram 

Aorus Wifi Pro ATX mobo

500gb WD Black m.2 ssd x2 

Core p3

MW3 will never die

18 minutes ago, warm4llis0n said:

Listen to the Konrad. Also if you are going M.2 you may as well pay like 20$ more and get a EVO, PRO or WD black (i think HP has a really fast cheap m.2 now). Perhaps get like a 1tb m.2 and a 1tb SATA. you start paying a premium for SSDs bigger than that, and its pretty much no trouble to deal with a /d drive. 

I would recommend you get a 16x2 kit of ram so you can upgrade to 64 in the future, but I'm not too up to date on Ryzen's recent ravenous ram requirements, so maybe spending more for speed is better. For example, Cities skylines with mods + chrome in the back can fill up 16gb, and Cities is an old game. Spending more money makes a better computer who would've known. 

Honestly that CPU is overkill for games. Get a ryzen 5 3600x, OC it and spend the remainder elsewhere

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 12.11.44 AM.pngpersonally I would go with a 9700KF since 10th gen just came out with its new socket and all, but i get that team red is in vogue and that's a big change to make. Overall if you bought what you posted it would've been a screaming computer, just not the most cost effective or future-proof. 

lets say i swap CPUs and go for the 9700KF what motherboard would you recommend because im fairly comfident in finding decent parts that fit my need but motherboards are one thing i am not too confident in especially intel. i am more familiar with amds chipset and their MB's

6 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

Bottleneck calculators are innacurate. The 3700X and 2070 Super are a great pairing.

I agree with the ram thing, I would consider 32Gb, since I assume OP will be editing videos since they said content creation. Also, I would not recommend the 9700KF. OP, again, said they'll be making content which likes more cores, which the 3700x offers and Ryzen has better multi threaded performance, again, great for content creation (and streaming). The 3700X is also far better value.

How is this pairing not future proof? It's literally a beast CPU that could probably hold up for around 10 years with the 2070 Super.

OP, stick to Ryzen, keep the 2070 Super and probably consider 32GB of ram.

could you possibly give me a good ram set of 36gb that i could get? or will any 3200/3600 set work?

Personally, I think 32GB of memory is a waste for a build like this. The chances of ever needing 64GB for this sort of build are remote.

The case has a usb-c front panel connector. The motherboard does not have the necessary header. Consider instead a case with dual USB Type A connectors.

The RMx psu is much better.

Consider an excellent air tower cooler. It will do as good a job as an aio at a lower cost.

An i7-9700KF will provide marginally better gaming. The 3700x will offer better streaming and content creation performance.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($428.50 @ Vuugo) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S 55 CFM CPU Cooler  ($88.37 @ Vuugo) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($415.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($154.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($184.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($74.75 @ Vuugo) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB DUAL EVO OC Video Card  ($749.99 @ Memory Express) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.50 @ Vuugo) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($159.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Total: $2407.07
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-31 04:51 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

7 hours ago, isaac1210 said:

lets say i swap CPUs and go for the 9700KF what motherboard would you recommend because im fairly comfident in finding decent parts that fit my need but motherboards are one thing i am not too confident in especially intel. i am more familiar with amds chipset and their MB's

I wouldn't recommend going 9th gen considering Ryzen 3000 outperforms it and 10th gen is out already. 

7 hours ago, NZgamer said:

Bottleneck calculators are innacurate. The 3700X and 2070 Super are a great pairing.

I agree with the ram thing, I would consider 32Gb, since I assume OP will be editing videos since they said content creation. Also, I would not recommend the 9700KF. OP, again, said they'll be making content which likes more cores, which the 3700x offers and Ryzen has better multi threaded performance, again, great for content creation (and streaming). The 3700X is also far better value.

How is this pairing not future proof? It's literally a beast CPU that could probably hold up for around 10 years with the 2070 Super.

OP, stick to Ryzen, keep the 2070 Super and probably consider 32GB of ram.

The 16gb and small ssd wasn't future proof.

2012 mac mini server

2015 macbook

2010 macbook 

ha you thot 

xeon e5 2687-w

Intel BXRTS2011LC cooler

ASRock X79 Champion

XFX R9 380

32gb ram

whatever PSU 750w

Coming soon!

9600hk

32gb 3200 ram 

Aorus Wifi Pro ATX mobo

Core p3

MW3 will never die

1 minute ago, warm4llis0n said:

16GB should be fine until DDR5 comes out. OP can add storage very easily, it's literally plugging 2 cables into the HDD/SSD.

3 minutes ago, warm4llis0n said:

Why not? There would still be two memory slots available, allowing for an additional 64GB on the TUF X570 Plus motherboard. Also lots of connections available for additional storage.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

7 hours ago, isaac1210 said:

could you possibly give me a good ram set of 36gb that i could get? or will any 3200/3600 set work?

Go to pcpartpicker and sort by price per gb then get one of the right speed. These are cheap https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8BLwrH/gskill-aegis-32-gb-2-x-16-gb-ddr4-3200-memory-f4-3200c16d-32gis . You can get a 1x16 twice instead of a kit too.

Also i would use A z390 Aorus wifi pro/Aorus Ultra/ Aorus Master (they are all pretty similar). Im not sure how  S E R I O U S B U I S N E S S your content creation is, but the more cores of a ryZEN will be better for that. Games are starting to use more cores too. 

The Aorus Ultra has headers for front USB C on the z390 version so its safe to say the AMD version and fancier Master sku will too.

Brob is right about the performance of air coolers, but AIO does look cleaner. I wouldn't change that. 

2012 mac mini server

2015 macbook

2010 macbook 

ha you thot 

xeon e5 2687-w

Intel BXRTS2011LC cooler

ASRock X79 Champion

XFX R9 380

32gb ram

whatever PSU 750w

Coming soon!

9600hk

32gb 3200 ram 

Aorus Wifi Pro ATX mobo

Core p3

MW3 will never die

3 hours ago, NZgamer said:

I agree with @gloop on this one. Both ram and storage is beyond easy to upgrade

But if they went with a 8x4 or 4x4 kit then an upgrade would waste ram since there wouldn't be enough slots. I guess you are right about upgrading storage since you can just connect moar, but a 7200rpm HDD is nearly a joke in 2020 for a consumer machine. Its a 2k USD machine so pony up for a SATA SSD bulk storage. Its a homemade desktop so almost everything is easy to upgrade. 

Nothing will become obsolete (although some games have "ssd" in recommended specs now), but it will be replaced. 

2012 mac mini server

2015 macbook

2010 macbook 

ha you thot 

xeon e5 2687-w

Intel BXRTS2011LC cooler

ASRock X79 Champion

XFX R9 380

32gb ram

whatever PSU 750w

Coming soon!

9600hk

32gb 3200 ram 

Aorus Wifi Pro ATX mobo

Core p3

MW3 will never die

1 hour ago, NZgamer said:

For a boot drive, yes, for games storage, not really. Most people use over 1tb for games storage and SSDs of over 1tb can start to get a lot more expensive than SSDs.

I second this. I had a small boot ssd and a 1tb hdd but i filled up the hdd with just a few games so I had to get a 4tb also.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

2 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

I second this. I had a small boot ssd and a 1tb hdd but i filled up the hdd with just a few games so I had to get a 4tb also.

With games or media?

1 hour ago, NZgamer said:

For a boot drive, yes, for games storage, not really. Most people use over 1tb for games storage and SSDs of over 1tb can start to get a lot more expensive than SSDs. If you've got the budget, go for it though I guess. The hard drive OP chose though is a decent one though.

I guess,

If it was a hard budget machine a tiny ssd and fat hdd could make sense. 

I'll always have a soft spot for a good ol velociraptor

My style was always more keep games on steams servers if i'm not playing them often. You may have local games though. Your whole life may not fit on 1 or 2.25tb, but since you are a content creator and buying a 2k computer, I decided to make an ass of Issac and me and assume you have some storage on local network. 

2012 mac mini server

2015 macbook

2010 macbook 

ha you thot 

xeon e5 2687-w

Intel BXRTS2011LC cooler

ASRock X79 Champion

XFX R9 380

32gb ram

whatever PSU 750w

Coming soon!

9600hk

32gb 3200 ram 

Aorus Wifi Pro ATX mobo

Core p3

MW3 will never die

45 minutes ago, warm4llis0n said:

With games or media?

It was full after a few uplay games and like 20 PDFs.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

10 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

It was full after a few uplay games and like 20 PDFs.

far cry 4, far cry 5 and the manual to a Audi? Only 1tb ;) !

2012 mac mini server

2015 macbook

2010 macbook 

ha you thot 

xeon e5 2687-w

Intel BXRTS2011LC cooler

ASRock X79 Champion

XFX R9 380

32gb ram

whatever PSU 750w

Coming soon!

9600hk