gpu usage issues?!

fallen01

so i have an rtx 2070 and when ever i game im not getting that desired fps or expected fps from this card as far as i know its not bottleneck becuase gpu usage is max at 40% and the gpu is max at 60% can go up sometimes idk whats wrong hoping to find an answer 

1 minute ago, fallen01 said:

so i have an rtx 2070 and when ever i game im not getting that desired fps or expected fps from this card as far as i know its not bottleneck becuase gpu usage is max at 40% and the gpu is max at 60% can go up sometimes idk whats wrong hoping to find an answer 

you mean CPU usage its max at 40/60%?

PS: With the last drivers I had to reinstall the older version since my GTX 1060 was 350mhz underclocked by that update don't know why

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.4GHz 1.2v / GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700 Mech OC GP (5700XT Bios) @ 2GHz / MB: Asus ROG Strix B450-F / RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 / CASE: MSI MAG Vampiric 010X

4 minutes ago, LordWk said:

you mean CPU usage its max at 40/60%?

PS: With the last drivers I had to reinstall the older version since my GTX 1060 was 350mhz underclocked by that update don't know why

yea sorry basically no bottleneck or what so ever in gta v i get 50-60 fps and its not even maxed out and at 1080p  

2 minutes ago, fallen01 said:

yea sorry basically no bottleneck or what so ever in gta v i get 50-60 fps and its not even maxed out and at 1080p  

Try to make a clean install of your drivers.

Open Afterburner and check that your GPU Clockspeed is the one it should be. If its good on temperature and good on clocks, at 99% usage, and you still having bad performance, check your ingame options (or the nvidia panel control settings) to see if you are using some kind of multisampling that is rendering your game at a higher res and then downscaling it to your monitor res.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.4GHz 1.2v / GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700 Mech OC GP (5700XT Bios) @ 2GHz / MB: Asus ROG Strix B450-F / RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 / CASE: MSI MAG Vampiric 010X

4 minutes ago, LordWk said:

Try to make a clean install of your drivers.

Open Afterburner and check that your GPU Clockspeed is the one it should be. If its good on temperature and good on clocks, at 99% usage, and you still having bad performance, check your ingame options (or the nvidia panel control settings) to see if you are using some kind of multisampling that is rendering your game at a higher res and then downscaling it to your monitor res.

i mean speeds are up to 1840mhz it changes but usage is just hangs in at 60% or even low as for the temps 55-62c something like that and i did check all these things nothing seems to help

On 5/31/2020 at 1:01 AM, fallen01 said:

i mean speeds are up to 1840mhz it changes but usage is just hangs in at 60% or even low as for the temps 55-62c something like that and i did check all these things nothing seems to help

Which game is it?

A lot of Ubisoft Games are bad optimized and ALMOST never use 99% of the capabilities of your GPU, it happens for me in AC, Far Cry and others.

I have the same problem with my 2070 super. I’ve tried rolling back drivers to the third most recent one and nothing, modern warfare runs fine And so does metro exodus but I’ve seen GTAV and Minecraft with shaders are having problems. Idk what other games are bad but it seems to be a software issue. Im pretty sure it’s the new Windows 10 update. After that this shit starting happening. I’ve tried changing my power plan, Nvidia panel, my temps are in the 50s-60s for my gpu so no thermal throttling, even turned smt for AMD off and still nothing. Windows fundamentally broke something Im fine and im not hungry certain