Please Help, Games sttutering and FPS dropping for no aparent reason.

Hello,

Around 1 week ago my games began to stutter and freeze from time to time for no apparent reason, it has only been getting worse. The thing is, I did not change anything in my system and it played games just fine, (Games such as GTAV and Overwatch have been affected the most).
My current components:

AMSI B150M Pro vdh
Corsair LPX 2666Mhz 8GB
Intel i5 6600k
EVGA GTX1070 SC
Zotac 120GB SSD
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB HDD
Samsung HD105SI 1TB HDD

I suspect one of my HDD is dying, though the games are installed in the good health drive. Windows is installed in the SSD.
The only thing I am aware changed is that I updated the GPU driver through GeForce Experience, once I noticed the issue i rolled the driver back but the issue remained.

Please help me, I am going insane.

The update could be coincidental.  Have you checked temperatures on your CPU/GPU? I had a similar problem and it turned out to a heat issue.

I will check on both, could you please advice as to what is too hot?

Check with MSI Afterburner if your CPU/GPU is overheating and clocking themselves down or if its not behaving as it should (taking a look on your load % of each one)

I had problems with GTA V using only 8gb of ram, since my PC was almost at 99% ram usage when playing, so check that too.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.4GHz 1.2v / GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700 Mech OC GP (5700XT Bios) @ 2GHz / MB: Asus ROG Strix B450-F / RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 / CASE: MSI MAG Vampiric 010X

Temps will depend on your processor/graphics card and how well it's cooled, but in my experience, normal ranges at idle (on desktop) sit around 25 to 35 C, and during games shouldn't really go higher than 75 C.  My GPU felt like it started throttling around 90 to 100 C and caused a stutter/FPS drop similar to the one you mentioned.

I recommend openhardwaremonitor to check temps.  Looks at CPU cores/CPU package and GPU core specifically.

Hello, i played GTA V for around two hours (the stuttering seems to have been gone down by a bit though it still happens), Here is the info: The information to the right is the max recorded, the left is the current when i took the screenshot. I will run it again tomorrow with Overwatch to see how the figures change.

image.png.afdd50d40fb43b57003ab5c8d5cc8dae.png