Powers on, runs a few seconds, powers off, powers on again after a few seconds

Starelementpoke

Title explains the issue. Got a motherboard off HWS because wanted one that'd be easier to work with in the future. After swapping it in and a lot of frustration, it just shuts off a bit after I power it on, then turns on again on its own after a few seconds. Any ideas? At the end of my rope trying to figure out a cause/solution. I've reseated my CPU/cooler, tried only one stick of ram in all slots, replugged and checked all the connections, reset the cmos, pretty much everything I could think of/find.

If you boot it with no ram sticks, what does it do? (yes, NO ram sticks, that's not a typo, just to be clear)

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

4 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

If you boot it with no ram sticks, what does it do? (yes, NO ram sticks, that's not a typo, just to be clear)

Exact same thing. Powers up, stays on a few seconds, shuts down. Never any signal/never get the chance to try and get into the BIOS

2 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Exact same thing. Powers up, stays on a few seconds, shuts down. Never any signal/never get the chance to try and get into the BIOS

Either the motherboard is dead, or the CPU.

What CPU and motherboard are you using?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

Either the motherboard is dead, or the CPU.

What CPU and motherboard are you using?

CPU is an R5 2600 but was working before. Motherboard is a B450M steel legend and was what I bought

30 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

CPU is an R5 2600 but was working before. Motherboard is a B450M steel legend and was /what I bought

Is there an option to use either a different motherboard or CPU to check if either one is working?

My first idea is that maybe the bios is broken...

2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Is there an option to use either a different motherboard or CPU to check if either one is working?

My first idea is that maybe the bios is broken...

I do have another board or cpu I could try, but I pulled the CPU being used now from the other motherboard and that was working

Got it working. The 2600 worked with the other board and the other CPU I had worked with the new board. No fucking clue what was going on, but started putting it together piece by piece and making sure I could get into bios at least.

9 hours ago, Starelementpoke said:

Got it working. The 2600 worked with the other board and the other CPU I had worked with the new board. No fucking clue what was going on, but started putting it together piece by piece and making sure I could get into bios at least.

My guess is maybe a BIOS issue?

Is the other CPU also a 2XXX one or is it a different one?

8 hours ago, samcool55 said:

My guess is maybe a BIOS issue?

Is the other CPU also a 2XXX one or is it a different one?

A R3 2200G iirc