Kolink psu ok?

chris1981

I have a kolink kl-850m psu at the moment. I have just finshed upgrading to a ryzen 7 3700x x570 motherboard sapphire pulse rx5700xt graphics card. Is this psu ok to use, or am I risking my systen by using it? 

How long have you owned it, and what were you running on it before?

It's not what I'd call great, but not what I'd just toss in the trash immediately either. I assume you're not running your rig full-tilt 24/7 so I don't see why it can't handle a 3700X and 5700XT,

"Rawr XD"

I have owned it for around a year. I ditched my ps4 for gaming and pulled my old i7 3700 out of the loft. I put an rx570 in it and the kolink psu.

17 minutes ago, chris1981 said:

I have owned it for around a year. I ditched my ps4 for gaming and pulled my old i7 3700 out of the loft. I put an rx570 in it and the kolink psu.

Compared to your old system you'll see maybe 100W more total draw under load, if that

111344.png

111345.png

Under realistic load scenarios you'd be hard pressed to be drawing 300 total system watts. If it's been going fine till now and still is, I wouldn't change it.

"Rawr XD"

Ideal, thanks for the info it has put my mind at rest

31 minutes ago, chris1981 said:

I have a kolink kl-850m psu at the moment. I have just finshed upgrading to a ryzen 7 3700x x570 motherboard sapphire pulse rx5700xt graphics card. Is this psu ok to use, or am I risking my systen by using it? 

It's not the best PSU, but it's not a firecracker either.