Printer Ink Issue

HYP3R69

Basically I don't know if this is even a question to ask here but hope that I might get some help from here. I have a Epson L130 Inkjet Printer. Use it weekly to print. But suddenly yesterday found that my printer isn't printing 'Yellow' color. Other 3 colors are coming out properly. Note, all 4 ink tanks are full. I checked manually from the side of the ink tanks. I am no expert in troubleshooting printer and I this is my first printer in my life that I actually bought for myself. Dues to COVID lockdown, I can't even call for home maintenance. Can anyone tell how to fix this? Heard there is a way called 'Ink Flashing'. Found a feature like this in my EPSON Maintenance Hub Software. Should I use this feature? Or is there any other way to solve it?

TIA

6 minutes ago, HYP3R69 said:

Basically I don't know if this is even a question to ask here but hope that I might get some help from here. I have a Epson L130 Inkjet Printer. Use it weekly to print. But suddenly yesterday found that my printer isn't printing 'Yellow' color. Other 3 colors are coming out properly. Note, all 4 ink tanks are full. I checked manually from the side of the ink tanks. I am no expert in troubleshooting printer and I this is my first printer in my life that I actually bought for myself. Dues to COVID lockdown, I can't even call for home maintenance. Can anyone tell how to fix this? Heard there is a way called 'Ink Flashing'. Found a feature like this in my EPSON Maintenance Hub Software. Should I use this feature? Or is there any other way to solve it?

TIA

Don't worry, I and the LinusTechTips community will try to help you out the best we can, to confirm, is this the printer that you are working with, and from what operating system (ex. Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, MacOS, etc) did you send the print command that failed?

https://www.epson.co.in/For-Home/Printers/EcoTank-Printers/EcoTank-L130-Single-Function-InkTank-Printer/p/C11CE58501

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

1 minute ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Don't worry, I and the LinusTechTips community will try to help you out the best we can, to confirm, is this the printer that you are working with, and from what operating system (ex. Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, MacOS, etc) did you send the print command that failed?

https://www.epson.co.in/For-Home/Printers/EcoTank-Printers/EcoTank-L130-Single-Function-InkTank-Printer/p/C11CE58501

Thank you. Yes, this is the printer that I use. I am running on Windows 10.

11 minutes ago, HYP3R69 said:

Thank you. Yes, this is the printer that I use. I am running on Windows 10.

@HYP3R69 thanks for the additional info, first to troubleshoot potentially corrupted/incorrect drivers, press the windows key on your Windows 10 system and type "Device Manager" followed by enter. Find "Print queues" and click on the little arrow to the left of it, now find you printer and right click to uninstall/remove the device/driver.

Now...

Go to this website, scroll down to and select "Drivers and software" then click on "Drivers" and click on "Driver 2.22" which is from July 2015 and is 30.77 MBs and follow the download/install process to get the driver installed on your system, restart the computer, and try printing again to see if you get the same issue or if it has been resolved.

https://www.epson.eu/support?productID=15805

@Boomwebsearch 

Won't be software, check the manual on how to do a nozzle cleaning/purge, the yellow one is likely plugged or unprimed.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

21 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

@HYP3R69 thanks for the additional info, first to troubleshoot potentially corrupted/incorrect drivers, press the windows key on your Windows 10 system and type "Device Manager" followed by enter. Find "Print queues" and click on the little arrow to the left of it, now find you printer and right click to uninstall/remove the device/driver.

Now...

Go to this website, scroll down to and select "Drivers and software" then click on "Drivers" and click on "Driver 2.22" which is from July 2015 and is 30.77 MBs and follow the download/install process to get the driver installed on your system, restart the computer, and try printing again to see if you get the same issue or if it has been resolved.

Can't find my printer drivers.

PrintIssue.JPG

1 minute ago, HYP3R69 said:

Can't find my printer drivers.

PrintIssue.JPG

See if it may be under "Other devices" or "Universal Serial Bus controllers".

@Boomwebsearch 

5 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

See if it may be under "Other devices" or "Universal Serial Bus controllers".

Can't find anything called 'Other devices'. In "universal Serial Bus controllers' I found these. But can't identify the one.

PrintIssue2.JPG

3 minutes ago, HYP3R69 said:

Can't find anything called 'Other devices'. In "universal Serial Bus controllers' I found these. But can't identify the one.

Then it could be that you don't have the driver, try installing from the manufacturer's website:

@Boomwebsearch 

13 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Then it could be that you don't have the driver, try installing from the manufacturer's website:

Installed it and restarted my PC. Still same issue, no yellow color while printing.

3 minutes ago, HYP3R69 said:

Installed it and restarted my PC. Still same issue, no yellow color while printing.

Then it is more likely an issue with the printer's hardware, maybe a clogged nozzle and/or ink tube, pump system issue, circuit malfunction, etc. This is going to be difficult to diagnose the issue without being able to physically work with the equipment, even if you could have someone come and repair it, it may cost more in parts/labor than replacement of the printer, would recommend a laser printer instead of inkjet, far more reliable.

@Boomwebsearch 

1 minute ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Then it is more likely an issue with the printer's hardware, maybe a clogged nozzle and/or ink tube, pump system issue, circuit malfunction, etc. This is going to be difficult to diagnose the issue without being able to physically work with the equipment, even if you could have someone come and repair it, it may cost more in parts/labor than replacement of the printer, would recommend a laser printer instead of inkjet, far more reliable.

To be honest, Lasers which has color print facility cost more than what I can afford. Plus, ink costs will burn my pockets. Will try to manually perform a ink flash if possible by myself looking into the manual said by @Kilrah. Let's see what happens next. Thanks for your time.

17 minutes ago, HYP3R69 said:

To be honest, Lasers which has color print facility cost more than what I can afford. Plus, ink costs will burn my pockets. Will try to manually perform a ink flash if possible by myself looking into the manual said by @Kilrah. Let's see what happens next. Thanks for your time.

Monochrome laser printers are available for around the same cost as an inkjet printer (especially if on sale). The color laser printers are more expensive, although toner is lower cost than ink which saves money in the long term and print accuracy is higher usually.

If you can't get it working again, then I would recommend a budget color laser printer such as this one or you could find a used/refurbished model for cheaper (although, it may come without toner or limited toner), this one is currently on sale for $140:

https://www.cdw.com/product/Lexmark-C3224dw-printer-color-laser/5647565?cm_cat=google&cm_ite=5647565&cm_pla=NA-NA-Lexmark_LP&cm_ven=acquirgy&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMI0P_1iLfZ6QIVg-DICh0D1gMwEAQYAyABEgJhPPD_BwE:G:s&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0P_1iLfZ6QIVg-DICh0D1gMwEAQYAyABEgJhPPD_BwE&s_kwcid=AL!4223!3!198551185836!!!g!338455465427!

https://www.newegg.com/lexmark-c3224dw/p/N82E16828212009?item=N82E16828212009&nm_mc=knc-googleadwords&cm_mmc=knc-googleadwords-_-printer - laser printers-_-lexmark-_-28212009&source=region

@Boomwebsearch 

I also agree with @Kilrah , You should try cleaning the clotted cartridge's head by using your printer software. There is an option to clean the print cartridge head in the printer itself in the maintenance tab. You should try both steps once before going to the new one.

It'S OBVIOUSLY A CLOGGED PRINT HEAD. JUST DO A FEW CLEANING CYCLES FROM THE MAINTENANCE TAB