first time build help

Go to solution Solved by blu4,
4 minutes ago, TeaAitchSea420 said:

Thats a B450 board witch is a good board I think its just PCIE for the m.2

B450 are very good if you do not want to pay for the x570 ones. but you wont get PCIE 4.0

PCIE 4.0 is not needed but like I said its future proofing. If you don't play to get a next gen card any time soon like next 2-3 years id stick with a cheapr board. id get a b450 over others personally

soooo basically im building pc for the first time and im impatient so ive already got a few things i would love to know if what i want and have got will work together. seen a lot of things contradicting things about these parts and also im just a bit confused. these are the parts:

ASrock b450m pro 4

team T force vulcan Z (2x8gb) 3200mhz

Ryzen 3 3200g    (got already)

WD green sata m.2   (got already)

gigabyte geforce 1050ti oc LP (got already)

500w power supply and case (already have)

Iirc on that board you need to install the ram in a2&b2 slot (it's marked near the ram socket or read the manual). If not the xmp profiles won't reach 3200mhz.

sure it looks fine but personally if you have a ryzen 3 why not get a x570 board? it will help you in the long run.

x570 paired with ryzen 3 unlocks PCIE 4.0, rn you can get up to 64gb speeds on a m.2 pcie SSD vs the normal 32gb/

then when next gen cards are released you can upgrade to it and take full advantage of that pcie 4.0

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Just now, Tibon said:

Iirc on that board you need to install the ram in a2&b2 slot (it's marked near the ram socket or read the manual). If not the xmp profiles won't reach 3200mhz.

the boards will tell you in the manual and usually its marked on the board its self what slots you need to use.

Its just called dual channel

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

3 minutes ago, blu4 said:

the boards will tell you in the manual and usually its marked on the board its self what slots you need to use.

Its just called dual channel

Yeah, but sometimes 1st timer missed these things and complained why the ram won't reach the advertised speed.

6 minutes ago, blu4 said:

sure it looks fine but personally if you have a ryzen 3 why not get a x570 board? it will help you in the long run.

x570 paired with ryzen 3 unlocks PCIE 4.0, rn you can get up to 64gb speeds on a m.2 pcie SSD vs the normal 32gb/

then when next gen cards are released you can upgrade to it and take full advantage of that pcie 4.0

3200g is zen+ so only supports pcie 3.0, so I think you would need to upgrade the CPU later. I do agree though that X570 would be the most future proof option

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

2 minutes ago, marmour said:

3200g is zen+ so only supports pcie 3.0, so I think you would need to upgrade the CPU later. I do agree though that X570 would be the most future proof option

ah thanks for that info. Maybe its fine then. But I think if you have the money to future proof as much as you can why not? I see he has a $80 board so maybe hes just doing budget build. but the future will thank him big time

42 minutes ago, Tibon said:

Yeah, but sometimes 1st timer missed these things and complained why the ram won't reach the advertised speed.

thats extremely helpful, that wasnt said on youtube anywhere and thats what ive done a lot of learnin from

37 minutes ago, blu4 said:

ah thanks for that info. Maybe its fine then. But I think if you have the money to future proof as much as you can why not? I see he has a $80 board so maybe hes just doing budget build. but the future will thank him big time

yes i am at the moment, but i will take a look at that board as im after expandability 

41 minutes ago, blu4 said:

is there an x570 matx mobo availaibe?

yes i am at the moment, but i will take a look at that board as im after expandability 

they can be hard to find right now for stock wise. but I recommend the $200 price range for a "budget" one. I know its expensive but its still cheap for a decent x570 board. 

My board was $330 and its still considered not the best x570 board but its still very good.

I recommend the gigabye aorus elite for the cheaper boards or the x570 TUF. Id stay away from the MSI gaming edge.

2 minutes ago, TeaAitchSea420 said:

thats extremely helpful, that wasnt said on youtube anywhere and thats what ive done a lot of learnin from

Np, just keep in mind that at that speed is not jedec standard hence the notation of oc(overclock) speed, and as with any overclock nothing is guaranteed. There might be a chance that the memory isn't stable at that speed. But don't let it hold you down, with good quality memory the risk is quite low.

Just now, Tibon said:

Np, just keep in mind that at that speed is not jedec standard hence the notation of oc(overclock) speed, and as with any overclock nothing is guaranteed. There might be a chance that the memory isn't stable at that speed. But don't let it hold you down, with good quality memory the risk is quite low.

is it really necessary to overclock your memory, ive heard speed of the ram is important when going with an amd cpu, something to do with the infinity link or something, im currently an intel guy atm so i dont know much about amd systems.

4 minutes ago, blu4 said:

they can be hard to find right now for stock wise. but I recommend the $200 price range for a "budget" one. I know its expensive but its still cheap for a decent x570 board. 

My board was $330 and its still considered not the best x570 board but its still very good.

I recommend the gigabye aorus elite for the cheaper boards. Id stay away from the MSI gaming edge.

will this board support sata m.2 though?

https://www.awd-it.co.uk/gigabyte-b450-aorus-m-amd-ryzen-micro-atx-ddr4-motherboard-socket-am4.html?utm_source=bybuybye&utm_medium=css&utm_campaign=nmpi&utm_term=generic&utm_content=generic&gclid=CjwKCAjw5cL2BRASEiwAENqAPirTjOSnS9TneNVnf8XdQlWKgwyUAeTgD_lfO1U4OZkQKaWecQeiIBoCQDwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&wgu=13527_1295665_15907453785383_08aff3d522&wgexpiry=1598521378&source=webgains&siteid=1295665

Just now, TeaAitchSea420 said:

is it really necessary to overclock your memory, ive heard speed of the ram is important when going with an amd cpu, something to do with the infinity link or something, im currently an intel guy atm so i dont know much about amd systems.

In your case(zen 2) it's something to focus on but not necessarily a game breaker. A lot of different variable affects this but the main rule is if it's stable, higher speed means higher performance.

Thats a B450 board witch is a good board I think its just PCIE for the m.2

B450 are very good if you do not want to pay for the x570 ones. but you wont get PCIE 4.0

PCIE 4.0 is not needed but like I said its future proofing. If you don't play to get a next gen card any time soon like next 2-3 years id stick with a cheapr board. id get a b450 over others personally