Old office pc upgrade help

Go to solution Solved by aisle9,

The i5 has four cores and four threads. The i3 has two cores and four threads. All else being equal, the i5 will perform better in gaming and editing tasks. The 1050 Ti will work for what you want to do, but if your PSU has a six-pin or you can get a SATA-to-PCIe adapter, the RX 570 will be a much better performer. And, of course, an SSD will make anyone's life better.

So I have this Dell Vostro 3669 from 2017-ish, that I was planning to upgrade hardware wise and I was wondering if the upgrades that I'm about to do are still worth it or even plausible in 2020. So my plan is to add a Palit GTX 1050 ti that I found second hand for around PHP 3,800 (roughly $75 USD), I also considered a RX 570 and the GTX 1060 but they are too steep for my budget at around PHP 6000 to PHP 12,500 ($120 to $247)  and I was also considering to replace the CPU from a i3-7100 to a i5-7400 which I dunno if the difference between the two (If you know the difference let me know and also If you guys have a better suggestion please leave it in the comments). Thanks

My use for this PC is for gaming on light e sports titles (CS:GO, LoL, Tekken 7) I don't mind graphics that much since I set cs-go to 1024x768 and I also wanted to use this PC for some light editing (if it's even possible) 

FULL SPECS:
i3-7100 

8GB 2400mhz DDR4 ram (Dual-Channel 4x2)

Seagate 1TB HDD
Stock Dell PSU 

The i5 has four cores and four threads. The i3 has two cores and four threads. All else being equal, the i5 will perform better in gaming and editing tasks. The 1050 Ti will work for what you want to do, but if your PSU has a six-pin or you can get a SATA-to-PCIe adapter, the RX 570 will be a much better performer. And, of course, an SSD will make anyone's life better.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.