Which psu to choose?

JoseVCF

Hello, I have a great question about the power supply, currently I have an EVGA W1 and I want to change it (although I don't have a dedicated graphics card, I have a ryzen 3200g iGPU). I want to change it mainly before buying a gtx 1650 super, and I have two psu options: Gigabyte pb650w $ 69 and Cooler Master MWE Bronze 500W $ 65 may be a bit expensive, but I live in Uruguay and the prices are very high. I wanted to know which of these two are more reliable since I've seen reviews from these sources and they seem pretty decent... Sorry for my bad english.

3 minutes ago, JoseVCF said:

Hello, I have a great question about the power supply, currently I have an EVGA W1 and I want to change it (although I don't have a dedicated graphics card, I have a ryzen 3200g iGPU). I want to change it mainly before buying a gtx 1650 super, and I have two psu options: Gigabyte pb650w $ 69 and Cooler Master MWE Bronze 500W $ 65 may be a bit expensive, but I live in Uruguay and the prices are very high. I wanted to know which of these two are more reliable since I've seen reviews from these sources and they seem pretty decent... Sorry for my bad english.

Both of these PSUs are overpriced, although I understand that depends on where you are buying from. Would personally go with the Cooler Master MWE Bronze 500W, Gigabyte isn't really that well known as a manufacturer of power supplies (more known for graphics cards and motherboards).

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

8 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Would personally go with the Cooler Master MWE Bronze 500W

If it's not the V2, I wouldn't.

12 minutes ago, JoseVCF said:

They're all poor units, but the Gigabyte is the least garbage.

3 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

If it's not the V2, I wouldn't.

They're all poor units, but the Gigabyte is the least garbage.

is V2

13 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Both of these PSUs are overpriced, although I understand that depends on where you are buying from. Would personally go with the Cooler Master MWE Bronze 500W, Gigabyte isn't really that well known as a manufacturer of power supplies (more known for graphics cards and motherboards).

You're right, Gigabyte is best known for other things and not for its power supply, although that doesn't mean its power supplies are bad.

In the end I have made a decision and I am going to buy the gigabyte pb650w, since it is not so bad and I will also have 650w for a future update to another gpu that consumes more without having to change to another psu. Thanks for the help :)