Asus xonar phoebus | cracking sound in the bass

voxxC3

Hello, i have issue with extremly cracking sound in the low frequencys. When i enable Dts ultra pc ii with bass boost, cracking begin in level 2. I can hear cracking in the games, movies, YT. interesting is when i enable Bass boost and start Latencymon test latency is high af. When bass go low , i can hear it in Mirrors edge catalyst extremly high. I try maybe everything, Register, differnt pcs, different platforms(Amd, intel), settings in bios, differnt windows, different pcie, drivers customazition in the device manager, different headphones / Speakers. I F** love sound of it Bass are superb, Have someone same problem, someone fixed it? please help :)

So, here is what I think is happening - you increased the volume too much. There is a limit to how high the volume can be represented digitally. If you exceed this, you will have a distorted waveform that causes these types of audio problems. When you use a bass boost, you are increasing the volume. When you combine that with loud source audio and 100% system volume, then you can exceed the maximum limit. Try keeping the windows volume at 50% and increasing the volume on the speakers themselves.

As the previous comment already mentions, there is a limit. In digital systems it's generally described as 0 dBFS (full scale as the point of reference) which you basically hit if you crank the volume to 100%. Boosting some parts of a signal might exeed this limit resulting in distortion. Keeping the volume at 50% (-6 dBFS) might not be enough, because boosting beyond 6 dB will once again get your signal above 0 dBFS. An extreme EQ setting could boost the low frequencies by 20 dB and you have to set the volume as low as 10% to prevent the signal from clipping.

you guys have right :D thank you so much ❤️ i fixed it across Win game menu, sry for my English :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, im back again. I need to know. Can i disable limit?