pc for my dad

kes2006

Budget: 350 eur

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mainly for general use

Other details: rn he has an hp probook 2gen with an i5-4xxx something its a 2c 4t at 2.6 ghz he uses an 1440p monitor.

So let him still use that laptop. Buy him good mouse, keyboard (he already has a monitor) and replace drive if he still using hdd. 250 euros is not money you can spend if you're looking for much better option.

Why not just get an SSD and more RAM for his ProBook? You can't build anything better for the money anyway

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Why not just get an SSD and more RAM for his ProBook? You can't build anything better for the money anyway

he has got an 500gb samsung evo and max supported ram

4 minutes ago, kes2006 said:

he has got an 500gb samsung evo and max supported ram

then why does he need to upgrade, sounds fine for general use.

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

Just now, Ed-petit said:

then why does he need to upgrade, sounds fine for general use.

because i want to be nice to my dad he does lots of stuff for me so i want to do somthing for him

1 minute ago, kes2006 said:

because i want to be nice to my dad he does lots of stuff for me so i want to do somthing for him

You're better off looking at maybe a new battery from HP - those run around 100 or a refurbished EliteBook from their outlet.

Just now, 5x5 said:

You're better off looking at maybe a new battery from HP - those run around 100 or a refurbished EliteBook from their outlet.

he never moves his laptop

2 minutes ago, kes2006 said:

he never moves his laptop

A docking station perhaps? Or a better keyboard/ mouse. I mean, you could also look for a refurbished elitedesk but it's going to be a needless reinstall of the OS and everything else on the drive

Just now, 5x5 said:

A docking station perhaps? Or a better keyboard/ mouse. I mean, you could also look for a refurbished elitedesk but it's going to be a needless reinstall of the OS and everything else on the drive

he has an docking station he doesent want an expensive mouse of keyboard my little sister will break it