Help with excel document

Hi all, Not sure were to put this but hope in general is algd,

I have attached 2 photos, one of my document and one of what i need to do, I am a little stuck and would like some help,

How do I make it so that In the Rate column, add a calculation to show their payment rate depending on whether they are a Teen, Adult or Senior.

Thanks,

Scarlett

Please help 2.PNG

Please help.PNG

Blake has arrived!!

Just your local tech geek!

Love to help!

I think you can use vlookup.

Here's a website that detailed the operation and usage:

https://exceljet.net/excel-functions/excel-vlookup-function

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

Yes, you can use IF function as well, but you have to do a very long nested IF. Your equation will be like

=If (N=adult,adult_value,if(N=teen,teen_value,if(N=children,children_value,0)))

It is okay if you have only 3 options, but you will soon find this a bit difficult if you have multiple option.

VLookup is much more easier if you have tabulated data.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

I have figured it out, it was =VLOOKUP(B6,$I$6:$J$8,2,FALSE)

Blake has arrived!!

Love to help!

23 minutes ago, Nine Tailed Fox said:

"Do your own homework."

I got the teacher to help me. It ain't homework xD its online school.

Blake has arrived!!

Love to help!

57 minutes ago, Spoiled_Kitten said:

I got the teacher to help me. It ain't homework xD its online school.

Same meaning as far as his point goes. Having just come out of a spreadsheets class myself I was jumping to see what help you needed until I saw it was a school problem being graded. 

Glad you got with the teacher and got some help, but I do have one piece of advice for you. If the class you're going through is anything like mine was, using an if function, while possible, would have gotten you no points, because the teacher is trying to test your understanding not only of how to use each function, but which ones are more appropriate in given situations. If you're unclear on how to use a function, that can easily be reviewed on countless youtube excel tutorials. What is much harder to teach is the logic of understanding why X function is used here instead of Y function. If that's what you're questioning at any given point, don't hesitate to talk to the teacher about it and get a good explanation. This will make a tremendous difference in you understanding the material. 

All that aside I just, within the last week, finished my spreadsheet course and would be happy to give you advice and help as best I can if you're having any problems.

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

4 hours ago, Spoiled_Kitten said:

could i use the IF function?

you could surely use the IF function, in the end most problems can be solved with a series of IF AND or OR statements but its rarely the best solution.

Vlookup is the right thing to use here and in short its taking all values from the column you define as search parameters and will search for matching values in the left most column you defined as search matrix (important here the value to be searched is ALWAYS on the left of the matrix)
Once it found a matching value it will return the value to the right of it depending on the column index you selected so if you select 2 if will return the 2nd column of the search matrix.

Its a super powerful feature that you often used to combine data from different tables into one.

18 hours ago, Jtalk4456 said:

Same meaning as far as his point goes. Having just come out of a spreadsheets class myself I was jumping to see what help you needed until I saw it was a school problem being graded. 

Glad you got with the teacher and got some help, but I do have one piece of advice for you. If the class you're going through is anything like mine was, using an if function, while possible, would have gotten you no points, because the teacher is trying to test your understanding not only of how to use each function, but which ones are more appropriate in given situations. If you're unclear on how to use a function, that can easily be reviewed on countless youtube excel tutorials. What is much harder to teach is the logic of understanding why X function is used here instead of Y function. If that's what you're questioning at any given point, don't hesitate to talk to the teacher about it and get a good explanation. This will make a tremendous difference in you understanding the material. 

All that aside I just, within the last week, finished my spreadsheet course and would be happy to give you advice and help as best I can if you're having any problems.

I cant use youtube, wifi at home is down due to upgrades and its blocked at school, 

Blake has arrived!!

Love to help!

16 hours ago, Pixel5 said:

you could surely use the IF function, in the end most problems can be solved with a series of IF AND or OR statements but its rarely the best solution.

Vlookup is the right thing to use here and in short its taking all values from the column you define as search parameters and will search for matching values in the left most column you defined as search matrix (important here the value to be searched is ALWAYS on the left of the matrix)
Once it found a matching value it will return the value to the right of it depending on the column index you selected so if you select 2 if will return the 2nd column of the search matrix.

Its a super powerful feature that you often used to combine data from different tables into one.

Yeah ive learnt that, the more i learn xD, i love it now xD

Blake has arrived!!

Love to help!