Help, my stream is VERY choppy...

On 5/31/2020 at 12:41 AM, LogicalDrm said:

Could be Twitch then. Have you tried to stream with YT to see if its better?

Hmm not yet. Maybe I should try that, thanks for the tech tip!

Ok so this is weird. When I was playing Roblox while streaming using the cpu encoder, only cpu0 and cpu1 is pegged. So I went and check if the cpu affinity is set to only take a certain thread, and it's not.266617393_weirdutilization.png.891deff0d5191c664cfa37b2a5156636.png

So I tried restarting both OBS and Roblox, and it's get weirder (sort of). Here's the utilization:125419634_weirdutilization2.png.f0d5ef27bcc5a39cb11ea59c02730cde.png

At this point, I don't even know what is wrong with this thing. Thanks to all who help me with this troubleshooting stuff

Sorry for the late response.

your GPU is definitely a bottleneck, but shouldn't be this bad. However the other guy earlier had issues with the 1050 too, so maybe its the card, who knows.

I wouldn't switch from NVENC and always keep it on there, it should offload the CPU. 

i don't think windows allows you to permanently set cpu affinity (could be wrong). every time you restart the application windows scheduler takes over again and decides for you.

it could also be exactly that and would explain why with a VM, like the other guy tested with, works fine. That the scheduler is what is causing the issues.

None of these comments probably help you in any way. but i don't know how to help you any further :S

Also upload and download from the pc look fine around 100mb up and down. should be more than sufficient.

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

• 3 weeks later...

use nvenc, not x264. nvenc is nvidia's encoder. x264 uses your cpu, which is not optimal.