Meshify S2 Fan Setup

GregP74

The basics on my new build are a Meshify S2 case, Ryzen 3900x cpu, Gigabyte AORUS Master x570 mobo, 3x Noctua NF-14a PWM fans (2 front intake, rear exhaust), a Noctua NH-D15S cpu cooler (running one fan), and an EVGA 2070 XC Gaming gpu.

I'm just kind of curious what the best fan setup for this thing would be.  It seems to be doing pretty well with the fans in the stock locations. My only complaint is that the GPU fans get a bit noisy when I start playing games. Would a 3rd front fan blowing on it keep it cool enough to keep those gpu rpms down? What if I stuck another exhaust fan up top?

As much as I'd like to experiment with a zillion fans and configurations I also have to work from home 5 days a week on this machine so I'm relying on other people for some guidance!

How are the fans mounted at the front? Are you able to lower them?

What are load temps? Have you tried setting a custom fan curve for the graphics card with software like Msi Afterburner?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8zTB2Ys.jpg

I can move them down a little bit. When gaming GPU temps are in the mid to upper 60s, usually maxing out around 72. Once it's in the 60s those fans on the card crank up and get get kinda noisy. 

I was thinking maybe I should move both the top intake and the exhaust fan a little bit to line them up with the cpu cooler fan. Maybe moving the other down to the bottom would help also? Air flow should be good there's no drive bays to get in the way. Only thing is there are cross bars where those 2 fans meet and another one at the end of the 2nd fan, but I don't think that blocks *whole* lot. Not sure if cutting them off is a good idea structurally.

4 hours ago, GregP74 said:

I can move them down a little bit. When gaming GPU temps are in the mid to upper 60s, usually maxing out around 72. Once it's in the 60s those fans on the card crank up and get get kinda noisy. 

That's pretty low. You can either lower the graphics card fan speeds or increase front fan speeds to lower noise. 

Lowering the fan positions should help since most of effective air for the graphics card has to go underneath its fans. Get them as low as you can. 

Removing the psu shroud panel can also help. 

4 hours ago, GregP74 said:

Only thing is there are cross bars where those 2 fans meet and another one at the end of the 2nd fan, but I don't think that blocks *whole* lot. Not sure if cutting them off is a good idea structurally.

Just leave them. It doesn't make much of a difference. 

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

One other question do you think adding a top exhaust fan is a good idea? Or wouldn't I see much benefit?

nwcdpd7.jpg

Amazing what a couple simple changes can do. I reinstalled Windows today and haven't had time to install the stuff to fan temps, but a little quick gaming check showed things were quieter. 

The top intake and the exhaust are now lined up with the cooler a little better and the rear one is down as far as I could go. I was thinking I could put it all the way down to the power supply cover but the slots don't go that far. Still there's quite a bit more going on the GPU I think. 

I kind of cleaned up that power cable for the GPU and got it out of the way. Also ran 2 extensions for the intake fans and put them on to separate headers. All fans are still on the "silent" setting but the lower's speed is  now based on the PCIE16 slot temp. 

3 hours ago, GregP74 said:

One other question do you think adding a top exhaust fan is a good idea? Or wouldn't I see much benefit?

Probably not much of a benefit. 

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.