Youtube Crashes My PC (HELP ME)

So, I just built my new PC with an Intel i5 9400, and a Radeon RX 5600 XT. I want to watch some YouTube videos (Ex: Linus Tech Tips). IT CRASHES, with an error titled: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. It crashes at weird times. EXAMPLE: A video is playing and I decide I want to check my subscriptions to see if any recent videos hit my subscription box, as soon as I click those three lines, it crashes, this also includes ANY part of the YouTube website WHILE a video is playing. EX: comments, search bar, pause button, etc. I have tried many solutions to the problem, none worked, PLEASE HELP.

Edit: I forgot to mention I have tried a lot of solutions. Uninstalling and re-installing drivers with Amd's clean up utility to remove all drivers, then re-installing them, extracting the file, and installing just the drivers and not AMD's adrenaline software. I have also tried stuff with the command prompt, reg files, and other stuff that just didn't work.

Edited by Eric-PC-Novice

2 minutes ago, Eric-PC-Novice said:

So, I just built my new PC with an Intel i5 9400, and a Radeon RX 5600 XT. I want to watch some YouTube videos (Ex: Linus Tech Tips). IT CRASHES, with an error titled: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. It crashes at weird times. EXAMPLE: A video is playing and I decide I want to check my subscriptions to see if any recent videos hit my subscription box, as soon as I click those three lines, it crashes, this also includes ANY part of the YouTube website WHILE a video is playing. EX: comments, search bar, pause button, etc. I have tried many solutions to the problem, none worked, PLEASE HELP.

Only YouTube specificially or everytime a video is playing? In that case the graphicscards VPU (Video processing unit) which decodes and plays back video (who would have thought) might be defect

Dont assume the worst (like I did) and try uninstallung with DDU (a programm that removes all graphics drivers) and reinstall your gpu driver. AMD has had some buggy drivers

13 minutes ago, OddGreyFox211 said:

Only YouTube specificially or everytime a video is playing? In that case the graphicscards VPU (Video processing unit) which decodes and plays back video (who would have thought) might be defect

Well, I mentioned YouTube specifically because I haven't been watching videos anywhere else.

Edited by Eric-PC-Novice

1 minute ago, Eric-PC-Novice said:

Well I mensoned Youtube specifically because I havent been watching youtube videos anywhere else.

It's probably YouTube you n otice it, because you have hardware acceleration enabled. 

Try disabling hardware acceleration in your browser (e.g chrome: https://pureinfotech.com/disable-hardware-acceleration-chrome/)

You'll probably find it stops crashing while watching videos. 

But even if that works, the actual fix is to do with your GPU and/or its drivers. Follow what @OddGreyFox211 suggested

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

12 minutes ago, Eric-PC-Novice said:

Radeon RX 5600 XT

Did the same thing with my RX 5700XT a while back. Turn out it was the chrome setting that use GPU someway that cause lag and crash and some BSOD. The setting is "hardware acceleration" and I turned it off and everything goes back to normal. :)

6 minutes ago, ZWELINHTET said:

Did the same thing with my RX 5700XT a while back. Turn out it was the chrome setting that use GPU someway that cause lag and crash and some BSOD. The setting is "hardware acceleration" and I turned it off and everything goes back to normal. :)

That shouldn't be. All that hardware acceleration does is use your gpu for math that is easily paralalalisable and done faster with a graphics card than the cpu. Can you watch normal videos? Like an mp4, does that work?

5 minutes ago, OddGreyFox211 said:

That shouldn't be. All that hardware acceleration does is use your gpu for math that is easily paralalalisable and done faster with a graphics card than the cpu. Can you watch normal videos? Like an mp4, does that work?

I've tested with Windows Media Player, VLC and other browsers. None of them use GPU in a way that Chrome uses. Copy/Paste the URL of the YouTube in the Edge and it doesn't even use 3%~4% of the GPU where chrome use 40% ~ 43% with the same YouTube Video.

Link to my facebook post https://www.facebook.com/groups/278429872515165/?post_id=1121318734892937

@OddGreyFox211 @Eric-PC-Novice

3 minutes ago, OddGreyFox211 said:

I havent tried watching an mp4 file yet, but I predict the same thing will happen.

4 minutes ago, ZWELINHTET said:

I've tested with Windows Media Player, VLC and other browsers. None of them use GPU in a way that Chrome uses. Copy/Paste the URL of the YouTube in the Edge and it doesn't even use 3%~4% of the GPU where chrome use 40% ~ 43% with the same YouTube Video.

Link to my facebook post https://www.facebook.com/groups/278429872515165/?post_id=1121318734892937

@OddGreyFox211 @Eric-PC-Novice

Have you thought to try Firefox?