Anyone here with an I7 4770 and an Rx 570 4gb 1244mhz ?

Hi there !

If you have the setup mentioned in the title please respond. I just want to ask some questions about the performance on that setup. It always seems that i have less performance in games (about 10- 20 fps) with Rx570 4gb when compared with benchmarks and gameplay i see. Could it be my cpu ? My Gpu is at 100% however my CPU has a lot more percentage of usage that the videos i see. However they use more modern processors. So if you could give me your feedback i would be so gratefull.

4 minutes ago, AsneeSenin said:

Hi there !

If you have the setup mentioned in the title please respond. I just want to ask some questions about the performance on that setup. It always seems that i have less performance in games (about 10- 20 fps) with Rx570 4gb when compared with benchmarks and gameplay i see. Could it be my cpu ? My Gpu is at 100% however my CPU has a lot more percentage of usage that the videos i see. However they use more modern processors. So if you could give me your feedback i would be so gratefull.

What setting are you using? That could be your problem. Also what games and at what resoultion

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

I have an rx 570 8gb which runs the same as the 4 gb and it does much better than this. Try lowering settings in your games because while the card is a pretty good budget card, it’s nothing crazy.

What games are you running? Until about a year ago I was running an extremely similar setup: Xeon E3-1231v3 + GTX 970. The GTX 970 and RX 570 are pretty neck and neck in performance (570 is slightly better) and the Xeon E3-1231v3 is an i7-4770 minus 100 MHz and without an igpu. If your gpu is at 100% usage you're likely getting everything you can out of it. But there were a few games where my Xeon E3-1231v3 would bottleneck my GTX 970 at 1080p. For instance, it bottlenecked it hard in Shadow of the Tomb Raider even at like medium settings. Though in DX11, never tried it in DX12.

7 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

What games are you running? Until about a year ago I was running an extremely similar setup: Xeon E3-1231v3 + GTX 970. The GTX 970 and RX 570 are pretty neck and neck in performance (570 is slightly better) and the Xeon E3-1231v3 is an i7-4770 minus 100 MHz and without an igpu. If your gpu is at 100% usage you're likely getting everything you can out of it. But there were a few games where my Xeon E3-1231v3 would bottleneck my GTX 970 at 1080p. For instance, it bottlenecked it hard in Shadow of the Tomb Raider even at like medium settings. Though in DX11, never tried it in DX12.

Thanks for the feedback. I actually noticed that to. For example on Assassins´s Creed Unity and origins, my cpu has the same behavior has you described, One thing i noticed is that in those games the CPU usage is above 70% even reaching 90% sometimes. Thats why i think it bottlenecks my Rx 570. I noticed to that changing graphics on those games doesnt make much difference aside the AA or Ambient Oclusion for example.

9 hours ago, EquaSkies said:

I have an rx 570 8gb which runs the same as the 4 gb and it does much better than this. Try lowering settings in your games because while the card is a pretty good budget card, it’s nothing crazy.

Can you tell me your cpu ?

9 hours ago, WambleCropped said:

What setting are you using? That could be your problem. Also what games and at what resoultion

Medium to High settings. 1080p. The games where i see the behavior i described are assassincs creed unity and origins. My CPU usage is always above 70%, and changing graphcs doesnt improve performance to much. That are the games where i see most difference, but i always feel that i get less performance from my GPU whith some video i see. However as i said, they usually run more modern CPU, like ryzen 5 and 7, or 8th or 9th gen I5. Do you think is my CPU holding back my graphics card on games that are more CPU itensive ? This behavior isnt so predominant on other game, and i noticed that CPU usage is more stable and isnt so high as the games i sad before. Thank you

3 hours ago, AsneeSenin said:

Thanks for the feedback. I actually noticed that to. For example on Assassins´s Creed Unity and origins, my cpu has the same behavior has you described, One thing i noticed is that in those games the CPU usage is above 70% even reaching 90% sometimes. Thats why i think it bottlenecks my Rx 570. I noticed to that changing graphics on those games doesnt make much difference aside the AA or Ambient Oclusion for example.

The settings I have found that make the most difference when cpu bound are draw distance and shadows. Yeah the last two AC games seem to shit on quadcores. I have heard RDR2 will do so also.

46 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

The settings I have found that make the most difference when cpu bound are draw distance and shadows. Yeah the last two AC games seem to shit on quadcores. I have heard RDR2 will do so also.

Unfortunely i wont upgrade my cpu anytime soon.. so yeah i will have to deal with it. It is stil more than playable. I just wanted to know a little more about the fps difference when in comparsion with benchmarks i see. Well i geuss is the cpu as i thought xD. Thank you. 

Could they an overclock. Though that cpu seems to be poor overclocker though. 
Used mine for the new cod and it was down on frames by a lot but style playable surprisingly. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

6 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Could they an overclock. Though that cpu seems to be poor overclocker though. 
Used mine for the new cod and it was down on frames by a lot but style playable surprisingly. 

It is a 4770 non-K

F@H [] Autobiography [] 

Main Desktop and Folding Rig :

Spoiler

Cpu : I5-9400f

Gpu : GTX 1070 Founder's Edition
Psu : Seasonic G-650

Ram : G.Skill Aegis 4x8gb DDR4 2666MHz (14-15-15-34)

External Storage : 8tb Western Digital Elements Usb 3.0 Hard Drive

Storage : Samsung 970 Evo 500GB

Motherboard : ASUS B365 Pro-4 m

Gaming Laptop :

Spoiler

Cpu : I7-8750H 2.2ghz 

Gpu : GTX 1070 Max Q 

Psu : laptop b r i c k 

Ram : 16gb 2666Mhz 

Storage : 512Gb SATA SSD 

Motherboard : it's a laptop.....

old boomer (currently non-functional)

Spoiler

Cpu : I5-6400 2.7ghz (doesn't have a heatsink)

Gpu : Asus RX580 8gb (might sell)

Psu : EVGA 500 watt 80 plus

Ram : 16gb DDR3 1400mhz

Storage : 1tb Toshiba HDD (currently in main pc)

Motherboard : Generic ASUS pre-built motherboard

20 minutes ago, Tika said:

It is a 4770 non-K

That’s a bummer. Still room for improvement. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

baseclock overclock is about the only thing that you could do but won't get much out of it ... maybe 100mHz

enable xmp profile if it's not already done.  maybe oc the ram a bit ...

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD