Can anyone help with performance settings?

ExXsTacY x

Hello so lately I've noticed when I play fortnite in creative I can get like over 500+ fps. However i noticed times where it can barely push 240 in creative. Idk what's causing this. Both times I noticed the differences were in worlds by myself. I have a evga rtx 2060 ko ultra, ryzen 5 3600, gskill flarex 16gb cl14 3200, gigabyte b450 aorus m, 1 samsung m.2 nvme evo pro 500gb, 2 250gb ssds and 1 1tb mechanical hd. Idk if my setup is somehow slowing down how fast my computer can push out frames. Idk I guess really just looking for feedback on how I can push out the most performance out of this pc lol. 

Also I have my cpu running at like about 4000MHZ and xmp for my flarex at 3200

Your FPS depends on the amount of objects/ things for the GPU to load and display. For example I normally get around a 100 FPS in Overwatch on High settings. But, when there are thousands of particles and ULTS etc my fps drops to about 60-70 sometimes even lower. I assume that you get around 240 when you are having a massive build battle with multiple people and all that fun stuff. I also assume that you get 500+ when the match is just starting and there is not much to render. Anyways, its not your hardware in fact 240 is more than enough for top tier competitive play, its just as time goes on in a build battle like that your GPU has more and more things to load and so you get less FPS

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

4 minutes ago, WambleCropped said:

Your FPS depends on the amount of objects/ things for the GPU to load and display. For example I normally get around a 100 FPS in Overwatch on High settings. But, when there are thousands of particles and ULTS etc my fps drops to about 60-70 sometimes even lower. I assume that you get around 240 when you are having a massive build battle with multiple people and all that stuff. I also assume that you get 500+ when the match is just starting and there is not much to render. Anyways, its not your hardware in fact 240 is more than enough for top tier competitive play, its just as time goes on in a build battle like that your GPU has more and more things to load and so you get less FPS

Ahhhhhh. Okay well I noticed the difference each time as i started up a brand new creative map. But that definitely makes more sense to me than before. So thanks for that. Is there certain nvidia settings i should look out for?

2 minutes ago, ExXsTacY x said:

Ahhhhhh. Okay well I noticed the difference each time as i started up a brand new creative map. But that definitely makes more sense to me than before. So thanks for that. Is there certain nvidia settings i should look out for?

By Nvidia settings I assume you mean game settings? Anyways well the lower the quality the more FPS and vice versa. Render distance also can be an impact If you mean specifically Nvidia then I guess Ray Tracing = pretty lights and less frames. You also have things like anti aliasing which minimizes distortion but that also will effect frames. Honestly I recommend falling into the rabbit hole and watching some youtube vids to explain all these things or article. ( https://www.pcgamer.com/pc-graphics-options-explained/ ) PC Gamer did a good job of this. Honestly the best way to figure these things out is just to experiment to see what works for you

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List