Can't boot from bootable USB stick

Hello,

I am currently using Linux Mint. When I hit boot from usb option in boot options, its not booting form the usb stick and continues on, loading linux. Any Ideas?

Thanks

I’m going to guess Your “bootable” stick isn’t as bootable as you think.  Obnoxious of it not to at least throw an error though. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Details matter in this case (too), such as:

1. What image / os should the USB stick contain? In optimal case, link the image here (if it is downloadable on the net)
  2. How did you burn the USB stick image?
  3. What computer are you booting on? MAC? PC? Laptop?
  4. Is it an old computer, or a newer one? Legacy boot or UEFI? Is secure boot enabled?

Some USB stick might be bootable only on certain setups, but not on all. Universally bootable (UEFI/Legacy, PC and MAC) USB sticks exist, but are somewhat rare. Typically, OS installations are not universally bootable.

Try to answer the answers above, that way it may be possible to solve why it is not booting in your particular case.