Nintendo Leak - All Wii's Hackable with Bootmii in Boot2!

Hey all. Anyone familiar with the Wii hacking scene may know of my previous work with the Nintendo Wii and hardware hackery. Also, anyone familiar with the wii hacking scene certainly knows of Team Twiizers and their BootMii software used for backing up and restoring the Wii's system software.

Well, I would like to share with you something that myself and a fellow hacker have been working on. We, like many others, got our hands on the leaked Nintendo files a few weeks ago. In those leaked filed contained what is known as SDBoot. SDBoot was used in factory for installing the system onto the Wii. My friend (whom asked to not be named anymore) found an exploit in Nintendo's SDBoot code. I was able to flash SDBoot to my Wii with a hardware flasher. The result of which allows us to have BootMii for every model of Wii including the Wii Mini.

In the video below you will see a Wii Mini motherboard that I have added an SD card slot and reset button to, and I will turn on the Wii Mini and BootMii will load up right away.

<video link removed by staff>

This is something that a majority of Wii owners have missed out on as early in the Wii's life Nintendo patched the vulnerability in Boot1 that did allow the installation of Bootmii in Boot2 making it impossible to have this anti-brick feature in most Wii's.

I thank you guys for coming and checking this out. I do original hardware hacks to the Wii quite consistently, and as of lately I have been doing a live stream hacking on youtube. If you are interested in seeing more then just check out my youtube channel 

Edited by SansVarnic
Link removed