Do not use windows 10 N!

Dogplanet Studios

Hello everyone, today I will be warning you about windows 10 N

Windows 10 N is the EU version of windows, it is the same except for two differences.

1. Less windows programs installed by default.

2. You can't upgrade from windows 10 N to windows 10 Pro or windows 10. You can only upgrade to Windows 10 pro N

The problem with this is that you can't buy windows 10 N pro keys on their website, I was using a VPN to change my country ip address and it still did not allow me to buy a windows 10 N pro key. I tried everything, but I ended up having to reset my computer and install windows 10 pro. Moral of the story, please don't use windows 10 N as it will prevent you from installing windows 10 pro, not to mention that the Windows Media Feature Pack is not installed by default, so you won't be able to have sound in certain games like Minecraft Bedrock Edition.

11 minutes ago, Dogplanet Studios said:

not to mention that the Windows Media Feature Pack is not installed by default, so you won't be able to have sound in certain games like Minecraft Bedrock Edition.

You literally don't need that garbage.

Just download and install the standard pack of K-Lite.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

5 hours ago, TetraSky said:

You literally don't need that garbage.

The media pack is free, and not garbage. Windows 10 has all the popular codecs and container support built-in (beside N editions).