New Memory, Can't load new Frequency

I recently got some new Memory (Gskill DDR4 3600 2x8) and after installing my memory onto the MOBO, it won't let me change the frequency of the RAM to it's rated 3600. Ive tried resetting the CMOS and the highest speed I could get it up to was 3200. If anyone could help me that would be much appreciated 馃檪

Im not sure what you mean by this, I jumpered the 2 pins on the motherboard and also took out the battery then put it back in, right now the computer is working fine but its only at 2100 hz not 3600.....

9 minutes ago, JohnNoiret said:

Im not sure what you mean by this, I jumpered the 2 pins on the motherboard and also took out the battery then put it back in, right now the computer is working fine but its only at 2100 hz not 3600.....

What mobo and cpu do you have聽

Because let's say you have a zen 1 cpu

Those are known to have bad imc but it could be something else can you please tell us

Edited by TofuHaroto
Typo

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad.聽

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log:聽

I have a Ryzen 7 2700 - CPU

Motherboard -聽
Asus STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard

Update the bios聽

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad.聽

Alrighty, i will try this. I was thinking of doing this considering I just switched my OS from a HDD to a new SSD and wasnt sure if it kept the up to date BIOS

7 minutes ago, JohnNoiret said:

Alrighty, i will try this. I was thinking of doing this considering I just switched my OS from a HDD to a new SSD and wasnt sure if it kept the up to date BIOS

Yes update and the bios and check

Good luck :)

Alright, I tried to increase the HZ to 3600 and it still wouldnt boot with it (It would turn off 3 times then revert back to the "safe" settings) I also tried this method LINK

Then maybe you just lost the silicon lottery聽

Zen + has really bad imc and 3600 is not easy to handle so it's probably just the imc being the problem聽

Wdym IMC?, and also silicon lottery....

Imc is the integrated memory controller聽

Silicon Lottery is a long story but in short when you receive you cpu it might come with bad silicon or bad conductivity because of the quality of the silicon is bad or you might get good silicon that has good conductivity聽

Alright well if anyone out there has any other fix then please lmk. Thankyou Tofu 馃槙

1 minute ago, JohnNoiret said:

Alright well if anyone out there has any other fix then please lmk. Thankyou Tofu 馃槙

You can @ someone to they can see your post :)