Dock working on all other computers except my new XPS

Hi, 

So I just got a USB C hub for my XPS 13 2-in-1 (7390) and I cannot seem to get my mouse or keyboard to work with it. My external hard drive works fine when plugged into it. I am thinking it is having a hard time finding the USB 2.0 devices through the hub. 

I know my computer is able to use these usb 2.0 devices, though, since they work just fine if i use a basic USB C-A adapter. 

Another strange part (and the part where I think it is messing up) is in device manager (pictured below), Only the "Generic Superspeed USB hub" shows up. When I plug it into any other computer the superspeed and another just "Generic USB hub" appears...... (Every once in a while the non-superspeed hub will show up then disappear right afterwards)

I am not sure if this is happening because this is the only thunderbolt machine I have tested it on, or some other driver issue  (I have gone to dell's website and at least tried to install every USB/Thunderbolt-relevant driver)

image.thumb.png.38f47c1f42d2ee26f076a6feaf96c5f5.png

1 minute ago, Blacksmith121212 said:

Update Drivers?

Yea i tried that several times, uninstalled, reinstalled, even reinstalled all of windows then went to dell and downloaded all the drivers again- no luck :/

To expand on @Blacksmith121212’s point also looking at exactly what version the isb port is could make a big difference.  USBC is a form factor not a protocol.  Just because it’s an oval (how I did autocorrect get Ivan out of oval?!) instead of a rectangle doesn’t mean it will automatically work.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

24 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

To expand on @Blacksmith121212’s point also looking at exactly what version the isb port is could make a big difference.  USBC is a form factor not a protocol.  Just because it’s an oval (how I did autocorrect get Ivan out of oval?!) instead of a rectangle doesn’t mean it will automatically work.

But that is the weird part. The hub I am trying to get to work should be just plug and play (like it has been for all the other computers and even my phone) I am not sure what other drivers I would need to install (The other computer's did not need any special driver)

4 minutes ago, woodburner said:

But that is the weird part. The hub I am trying to get to work should be just plug and play (like it has been for all the other computers and even my phone) I am not sure what other drivers I would need to install (The other computer's did not need any special driver)

Heh. Shoulda woulda coulda.  Apparently doesn’t.  I’m just guessing as to why that might be.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.