just replaced paste on new cpu.

ShiverMePenguins

what cpu? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

What CPU, Cooler, what % is your CPU utilization, etc.

83C damn thats high :o

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Are you sure those are accurate temps?

Woo!

with noctua thermal paste. only about 5 hours old, and i was wondering if 83C is normal in battlefield for fresh paste?

depends on the cooling wat is on that socket!

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

i'm wondering if i applied it wrongly, but i've never had temps that high with amd, and i applied it much in the same way, i'm just wondering if i put on too much.

4770k and h80i

that is not normal, those temps are way too high for a gaming load, those temps would even be a tad bit high for a prime95 stress test, something is wrong,either way to much thermal paste or you forgot to put on the cooler :P, seriously try ro reseat the cooler and make sure it's sitting tight/making proper contact on the cpu, ofcourse don't forget to clean away old thermal paste so the surface is perfectly clean  and re-apply.

(im assuming you are running at stock, check if it's running at the poper voltage)

i'm wondering if i applied it wrongly, but i've never had temps that high with amd, and i applied it much in the same way, i'm just wondering if i put on too much.

you did something wrong as the temps are very high for a closed loop water cooler.

download the intel extreme tuning utility.  it has relay good temp monitoring in it.

i would expect about 65 max under 100% load for 3+ hours

that is not normal, those temps ar way too high for a gaming load, those temps would even be a tad bit high for a prime95 stress test, something is wrong either,either way to much thermal paste or you forgot to put on the cooler :P, seriously try ro reseat the cooler and make sure it's sitting tight/making proper contact on the cpu, ofcourse don't forgot to clean away old thermal paste completely and re-apply.

i'll try making sure its seated properly and tighten it. if that doesn't work i guess i need to re-do the paste.

You either put toomuch or too little. Too much would be my guess as it's more common ^^

Wipe it and apply a drop of TIM the size of a grain of rice and remount the cooler.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

4770k and h80i

then that is not normal! max 70 degrees you should be getting. remount the cooler and make sure the paste is is applied good.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

80C at 20%ish load for an AIO is way too high. Even for an OC'ed CPU.

Remount and make sure you clean the paste off the Pump and CPU.

Way too much.. get it all cleaned off properly and check a video on youtube of how to apply it

one screw on the h80i mounts broke off when putting it on. i checked the screw and it had fractures everywhere, and i wasn't even halfway done tightening, it was still loose :/

You need to clean the rest off the sides etc.. Hard to see from the picture, it looks like there is still some on the holding plate.. best to just get it all cleaned up

Sorry to hear about that screw :(.. I hope you find a replacement.. or you may have to get a new cooler :(