Putting a Thinner OD Tubing with Compression Fitting?

So I am doing a build for a friend, and he got 1/2'' ID, and 3/4'' OD fittings for his build, and due to COVID I don't want to go exchange them in the store. I have 1/2'' ID and 5/8'' OD tubing laying around, is that possible to use in compression fittings, or should I get the same sized tubing labeled on the fittings (1/2'' ID, 3/4'' OD)?

Heres the fittings i'm using btw: https://www.microcenter.com/product/486938/bitspower-g-1-4-straight-compression-fitting---white

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

6 hours ago, Tocsin_786 said:

So I am doing a build for a friend, and he got 1/2'' ID, and 3/4'' OD fittings for his build, and due to COVID I don't want to go exchange them in the store. I have 1/2'' ID and 5/8'' OD tubing laying around, is that possible to use in compression fittings, or should I get the same sized tubing labeled on the fittings (1/2'' ID, 3/4'' OD)?

Heres the fittings i'm using btw: https://www.microcenter.com/product/486938/bitspower-g-1-4-straight-compression-fitting---white

It needs to be the same size or it won't be able to compress onto the tubing and risk slipping off, you can use the fittings as barb fittings with clamps/zip ties which would work for the time being.

Better off going to exchange them. Not like anything could happen. 

Better than fitting with that hose that won’t fit. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

On 5/23/2020 at 3:50 PM, Mick Naughty said:

Better off going to exchange them. Not like anything could happen. 

Better than fitting with that hose that won’t fit. 

So the issue is that Microcenter is the only Watercooling store near me, and all online shops have super delayed shipping, and Micro doesnt have the correct size for soft tubing, only hard tubing lol 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

51 minutes ago, Tocsin_786 said:

So the issue is that Microcenter is the only Watercooling store near me, and all online shops have super delayed shipping, and Micro doesnt have the correct size for soft tubing, only hard tubing lol 

If you have a local hardware store that has food grade tubing you can use that, it must be food grade as they do not leech plasticizer or chemicals into the fluid moving through it which is one of the reasons why regular generic tubing cannot be used long term.

On 5/24/2020 at 5:17 PM, W-L said:

If you have a local hardware store that has food grade tubing you can use that, it must be food grade as they do not leech plasticizer or chemicals into the fluid moving through it which is one of the reasons why regular generic tubing cannot be used long term.

Oh thanks for the super heads up. I went to Home Depot and was about to buy tubing but didn't like that it had wording all along the tube. Now I know not to do it.