Which Graphics Card should I buy?

Hello everyone, I am currently looking for a Graphics Card but I'm not sure which one to get. I have a 144Hz 1080p Predator XB240H monitor (supoorts G sync) and an AMD Ryzen 7 3700x so I am battling between the Radeon 5700 XT and the RTX 2070 Super. I'm open to other options. I'm not 100% sure how useful/important G Sync is so please update me on that. Plus I've heard some AMD GPU's support G sync but i'm not sure about the 5700 XT. Please help me. P.S. I'm probably going to upgrade to a 144hz-165hz 1440p monitor. Please let me know if that makes a big difference on what GPU I should get.

Well what games are you playing? Depending on what game you play, I don't know much about g sync but, lets say you played CSGO:

https://www.fpsbenchmark.com/csgo

There is a 20 fps difference between rtx 2070 super and 5700 XT. with 3700x So I don't know where you live but in Canada the difference between these two is around $100-120 cad, so I don't think it is worth that much money for just 20 fps for me. However I noticed for other games it can be 10 fps, so it really depends on the kind of video games you play.

14 minutes ago, frenzen said:

Well what games are you playing? Depending on what game you play, I don't know much about g sync but, lets say you played CSGO:

https://www.fpsbenchmark.com/csgo

There is a 20 fps difference between rtx 2070 super and 5700 XT. with 3700x So I don't know where you live but in Canada the difference between these two is around $100-120 cad, so I don't think it is worth that much money for just 20 fps for me. However I noticed for other games it can be 10 fps, so it really depends on the kind of video games you play.

I do play CS:GO but I might play different games later on. Currently I play COD Modern Warfare, COD WW2, CS:GO, Rocket League, Valorant and Subnautica. But I'm mostly wondering how good G Sync is and if I should upgrade the GPU or just use that money to buy a monitor with FreeSync. For me the 5700 XT is $729 AUD and the 2070 Super is $1029 so yeah $300 for 20 fps seems stupid. Should I just use the $300 to add to my monitor fund? The main question is, is there a difference between FreeSync and G sync. Because if not I'll probably opt for the 5700XT and just get a better monitor with FreeSync.

5 minutes ago, yoyoeric123 said:

I do play CS:GO but I might play different games later on. Currently I play COD Modern Warfare, COD WW2, CS:GO, Rocket League, Valorant and Subnautica. But I'm mostly wondering how good G Sync is and if I should upgrade the GPU or just use that money to buy a monitor with FreeSync. For me the 5700 XT is $729 AUD and the 2070 Super is $1029 so yeah $300 for 20 fps seems stupid. Should I just use the $300 to add to my monitor fund? The main question is, is there a difference between FreeSync and G sync. Because if not I'll probably opt for the 5700XT and just get a better monitor with FreeSync.

Well from my understanding people cannot really tell a difference, but do your own research. 

10 minutes ago, yoyoeric123 said:

Just keep the 1080p monitor and get a 5700XT, you'll get over 100FPS on all of those games for sure, probably more. 20 FPS is a big difference but the difference between the 2070 and 5700XT is usually closer to 10. FreeSync and G-Sync are pretty similar.

13 minutes ago, yoyoeric123 said:

freesync and Gsync does the same thing: which is to synchronize the refresh rate of the monitor with the GPU framerate output...or in more simple terms it makes sure that whenever the GPU has a completed frame in the buffer to display next it's at this exact moment that the monitor refresh it's image and that way always display only fully rendered/completed frames on the screen eliminating screen tearing and potentialy some stutters/artefacts in motions on screen...it's really a great technology.

Looking at the prices in your area, defenetly get the 5700XT and i would pair it with a Freesync capable monitor of 27'' 2560x1440p with 144 hz or better for the best pan cake gaming experience right now.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

8 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

Just keep the 1080p monitor and get a 5700XT, you'll get over 100FPS on all of those games for sure, probably more. 20 FPS is a big difference but the difference between the 2070 and 5700XT is usually closer to 10. FreeSync and G-Sync are pretty similar.

Yes but without G Sync and FreeSync, won't I get screen tearing? I heard it's bad to have fps lower than your monitor refresh rate and FreeSync and G sync is used to stop screen tearing. But maybe I'm wrong

2 minutes ago, yoyoeric123 said:

Yes but without G Sync and FreeSync, won't I get screen tearing? I heard it's bad to have fps lower than your monitor refresh rate and FreeSync and G sync is used to stop screen tearing. But maybe I'm wrong

get the 5700XT and a better screen...and maybe look into a VR headset in the future!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

3 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

get the 5700XT and a better screen...and maybe look into a VR headset in the future!

thank you very much