No Internet New Pc

Hello I've put together a new pc about a week ago but I can't seem to get it connected to the internet no matter what I do. I have searched online and found that installing and or updating drivers may fix the issue. I went to my mobos support page and downloaded every driver onto the new pc. Every driver installed successfully except for the Intel Lan driver. Which is the one I need I'm pretty sure. Installing gives me the error Can not install drivers. No Intel(R) adapters are present on this computer.

I was told that I was using the wrong driver and was directed to download and install ProWin64 driver but that had no effect as well. I went into Uefi/bios and Enabled Onboard Lan and Disabled Wan Radio in hopes that might help but that didn't work either. I googled my error and it says to update network adapter in device manager but my driver isn't downloaded for it to show up in there. Other fixes I found require me to be connected to the internet so they don't help my situation. I'm pretty much stuck at this point, I'm not sure what else to do. The ultimate goal is to be connected via ethernet. Mobo is "Phantom Gaming 4s x570"

and the support/driver cd the board came with doesn't have the lan driver on it?

I have the disc but do not have a disc reader. I've been installing the drivers on a USB from mobos support page on the laptop then installing onto new pc that way. Lan driver doesn't want to install for some reason. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? After extracting files I open the folder then click autorun. That opens a wizard then I get the error after I click install drivers.

make sure to install all of the chip set drivers first, than the lan. also, restart between updates if its still having issues.

also, whats the exact error?

I'd try the driver on the disc the board came with to eliminate the possibility that theres an issue with the lan controller. Dont know how you'll get it off the disc but i'd find a machine that can read it and take it off that way

1 hour ago, Kyle Faupel said:

The ultimate goal

after the file(s) have extracted, go into device manager and manually install the driver from wherever the folder is that you extracted it to

4 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

make sure to install all of the chip set drivers first, than the lan. also, restart between updates if its still having issues.

also, whats the exact error?

Apologies, what exactly do you mean by chip set drivers? I've heard it before but looking on my specific mobos support page I don't see anything regarding chip sets. The Lan driver is the last one I think I need to install. The others were installed in no particular order but each one promtped me to restart pc. Took pic of error below. Sorry for the quality, I have it connected through my TV till my monitor arrives.

IMG_20200520_174646.jpg

1 hour ago, bmx6454 said:

a user on a different site listed an odd set of instructions that supposedly fixed the issue for someone else with the same board. http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=12050&title=x570-gaming-phantom-4-no-ethernet-detected-win-10

i would try it, seems odd, but harmless.

I gave it a shot. I don't know what it did but I was finally able to install that driver from my mobos support page, "Intel_LAN(v24.0_PV). After the install it did say to go to device manager to configure it but not sure how to do that. I did just notice a new device under network adapters in device manager that just says Unknown device, first time seeing that. Still no internet though.

IMG_20200521_202957.jpg

15901193354951980833794220577984.jpg

I might of messed up the progress. I tried looking for some fixes online again but nothing really stood out. After restarting my PC I tried to download another Intel driver that has my Mobo listed on it. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=64404 trying to install this one gives me that same error as before, No Intel(R) adapters are present in this computer.

That "unknown device" in network adapters has moved over to "other devices" and now has a yellow triangle with a exclamation point in it. Now there are two in other devices with that yellow triangle error thing. The other being PCI Device.