Raid 0 Nvme Stopped Booting After Plugged an HDD

Deme77

A week ago i bought a Samsumg 970 Evo Plus 250gb. I did a Raid 0 with another Samsung 970 Evo Plus of 250gb too, the same drive, in the bios of a gigabyte with the intel rapid storage tool and installed Windows 10 pro on them.All working flawlessly for a week, i wasnt specting much of a speed upgrade but i reached like 3300mbs so it was okey. I have 2 ssds in raid 0 too for games, one 120gb ssd and 2 hdds of 1tb an a 3tb one for films aswell.

Okey, long story short , two hours ago i installed a hdd of 2,5" via sata, because before it was external but it was doing some beeping via USB. I plugged the data and power sata, powered on the pc and boom. It doesnt boot. ON THE NVME RAID, not in the new HDD, the actual raid where i have windows installed stopped working because of that.

The first thing that i thought was that probably the drive had some kind of windows installation on it and the bios was triying to boot from there instead of the NVME raid but.. no.

The nvme raid dissapeared from booteable devices, it appears on the raid intel tool as booteable but... Nothing

And this keeps getting strange, i installed windows in the small ssd, because i wanted to acess the raid for saving some university documents and... It worked. 

Windows was detecting the nvme raid wihout any problem, as a local drive, with all the folders...

So.. why the *uck cant i boot? I tried everything, i didnt change anything and the drives are still in raid 0 with acess to all the files. But the bios doesnt want to detect it as a booteable device since i pluged and external hdd with some fotos via sata?

I got a weirdass theory:  try plugging the data drive into a different data port.  If one doesn’t work try them all.  The deal is sometimes nvme and sata ports share the same pcie lanes.  Frequently not all of them though.   You may be able to find one that doesn’t.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.