Light bleeding on display

Evil_hawk

Hi,

i have an asus rog strix gl703gm with ips 144hz full hd display, recently I noticed some light bleed on the center lower part of display, is there any way i can get rid of it without replacing the panel,, Is it possible to open the bazel without hurting the panel?? Is there anyone out there who think it is a good idea to open the bazel and check the panel for any improper seating?

1st you need to determine if its IPS glow or BLB. If u change ur viewing angle and viewing distance does the amount you can see change ? If it does its IPS glow and u cant do anything other than change ur viewing angle to mitigate it. The amount of IPS glow varies from unit to unit.

If it does not change, then its BLB and u can attempt to fix it by tweaking the bezel. Pinching the bezel tighter or loosening the panel mount via the screws on the back can sometimes help. However this doesnt always work and alot of BLB is unfixable, it is afterall a manufacturing defect, one that unfortunately most panel and monitor manufacturers do not do a very good job at QA with, u will find some amount of it in it 'most' LCD Monitors.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

It is not an ips glow, but when i try to lift the bezel slightly on that particular area, there was some difference. 

6 hours ago, SolarNova said:

1st you need to determine if its IPS glow or BLB. If u change ur viewing angle and viewing distance does the amount you can see change ? If it does its IPS glow and u cant do anything other than change ur viewing angle to mitigate it. The amount of IPS glow varies from unit to unit.

If it does not change, then its BLB and u can attempt to fix it by tweaking the bezel. Pinching the bezel tighter or loosening the panel mount via the screws on the back can sometimes help. However this doesnt always work and alot of BLB is unfixable, it is afterall a manufacturing defect, one that unfortunately most panel and monitor manufacturers do not do a very good job at QA with, u will find some amount of it in it 'most' LCD Monitors.

It is not an ips glow, but when i try to lift the bezel slightly on that particular area, there was some difference. 

7 hours ago, Evil_hawk said:

It is not an ips glow, but when i try to lift the bezel slightly on that particular area, there was some difference. 

If lifting it helps then u need to loosen the grip on the panel , this can sometimes be done via the rear screws.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

5 hours ago, SolarNova said:

If lifting it helps then u need to loosen the grip on the panel , this can sometimes be done via the rear screws.

So is it possible to open the bazel without hurting the panel or creating more BLB. 
consider that iam going to do it with great care and technique , do you have any how did it come in the first place?

CBBCFBC5-F77C-4F17-83E9-BE5FBCD07F6A.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Evil_hawk said:

So is it possible to open the bazel without hurting the panel or creating more BLB. 
consider that iam going to do it with great care and technique , do you have any how did it come in the first place?

There is only so much u can do that affects BLB, BLB is the result of a defect in manufacturing of the panel itself. The bezel isnt part of the panel, its part of the enclosure, however, the screws holding together the enclosure can put pressure on the Panel, by tightening or loosening the enclosure screws u can attempt to take off pressure or add pressure to the panel to try and lessen BLB.

The screws around the back of the Monitor are the screws holding together the enclosure all ur doing is tightening or loosening them in the areas ur experiencing BLB.