Thrift store finds!!!

So as the local thrift stores opened again i could not help my self to stop by one of them near me..
Got to talking to one of the people that work there and then ended up with this haul of stuff for a "steal" and they are all working.

1 x Sony Playstation 3 and 2 controllers.
2 x Nintendo Wii consoles.

4 x Nintendo Wii controllers + silicone sleves and  4 x nunchucks 

1 x Wii board

1 x DJ Hero controller.

8 x Nintendo Wii games.

and tons of cables.

Total price....  120 DKK / Approx 17 USD 

Yes its Wii's and a PS 3 but still NICE price ;)

IMG_20200520_195930.thumb.jpg.7cc25b9567748179f9f091c5b6780c1a.jpg

1 minute ago, handymanshandle said:

17 bucks for a PS3, god damn. I've got tons of thrift store hauls and I need to post some things that I've gotten.

Yeah, and two Wiis, and a bunch of controllers, and some games.

OP got a fucking steal.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, handymanshandle said:

17 bucks for a PS3, god damn. I've got tons of thrift store hauls and I need to post some things that I've gotten.

Please do .... could be fun to see what finds / scores people get from the thrift stores

I I only have like 1 thrift store near me and they don’t sell electronics. Whenever I see someone get stuff like this, or old games or an old keeb, I get jealous. 

congrats Op, you got a steal. 

1 minute ago, Vonplaf said:

Please do .... could be fun to see what finds / scores people get from the thrift stores

$8 for a PS2 work for this thread?

image0.jpg

It's hardly in the best of shape cosmetically, but the thing works perfectly. Plays CD and DVD games, even handles Gran Turismo 4 really well.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I have also previously been lucky at my finds at the thrift stores.
Found a OG Gameboy DMG-01 with tetris and super mario games at the CRAZY price of 10DKK / Approx 1,47USD

Also at another store i found arctic gtx 470 and arctic gtx 480 cards at arround 100DKK / Approx $14USD pr. card, but i had no use for then so did not get them..
But sometimes your just lucky

My favourite charity shop/thrift store buy was a 24" 1080p LED TV for £30, it's now my dedicated LTT screen!

20200520_222307_HDR.jpg

On 5/21/2020 at 9:55 PM, handymanshandle said:

Yoinked an Xbox (not the games, but the console and the controller) for $25. 

Been wanting an original Xbox for a few years now.

VERY NICE.

On 5/20/2020 at 2:29 PM, handymanshandle said:

$8 for a PS2 work for this thread?

You paid too much.

I found one in a trash can (complete with a few games and controllers) 

It had a DVD-drive problem (apparently a common thing with early PS2) which I fixed with some glue.

I don't recall what I did with it, I think I used it for a few years then gave it away.

Near(ish) to my is a Goodwill center that is a clearinghouse for all their IT stuff. They have some amazing deals there (laptops by the pound, video cards for 5$, including my GTX 660 that I used until recently) 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.