Dune Pro PC Case: Thoughts?

Hello all, I have been thinking about the Dune Pro PC case that came out in Fall 2019. Linus did a video on it but everywhere I check, no one mentions it. The case is beautiful in my opinion but what are you thoughts on doing an actual build in one? Would you purchase one to build in? The "front" ports on the case is slightly lackluster, but overall it seems to be build friendly. I know they have been trying to get off the ground with production after the economic shutdowns worldwide. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

13 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

Would you purchase one to build in? 

Nope. 

It's a Pre-order, very expensive and the cheese grater front panel does nothing for me aesthetically. But if it makes you happy, fundamentally it's not a bad case.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Personally, I was thinking about the case but the only problem I have is the fact it doesn't have 5.25" bays but I use mine from time to time when I feel like watching a DVD. The rigidity in the case I think is amazing when compared to other cases on the market. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2020 at 3:07 PM, TVwazhere said:

Nope. 

It's a Pre-order, very expensive and the cheese grater front panel does nothing for me aesthetically. But if it makes you happy, fundamentally it's not a bad case.

I pre-ordered one as a case for my first build. aesthetically i quite like it so i thought it would be one i could build and rebuild in. It's a bit pricey though for sure - i'm almost glad it's been delayed so I ca, at least emotionally, spread the cost of the build 😆

2 hours ago, _thomas said:

I pre-ordered one as a case for my first build. aesthetically i quite like it so i thought it would be one i could build and rebuild in. It's a bit pricey though for sure - i'm almost glad it's been delayed so I ca, at least emotionally, spread the cost of the build 😆

Thats pretty cool though, I did actually preorder one with the Dice Y cover so I can't wait to replace my current case with the Dune case. The only thing I'll have to get is some 120mm and 80mm fans for cooling as my case has all 200mm fans and 140mm. With this pandemic slowing the whole economy down, I don't mind waiting for something different.

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2020 at 2:02 PM, CommanderAlex said:

Thats pretty cool though, I did actually preorder one with the Dice Y cover so I can't wait to replace my current case with the Dune case. The only thing I'll have to get is some 120mm and 80mm fans for cooling as my case has all 200mm fans and 140mm. With this pandemic slowing the whole economy down, I don't mind waiting for something different.

the wait continues and the pain is real - have you been following the updates?

5 hours ago, _thomas said:

the wait continues and the pain is real - have you been following the updates?

Yes, it's quite an interesting journey with one of the members from the Dune Team (Alex) making his journey into Hong Kong before arriving into China for quality control of the materials for the case. Its odd though that one guy would be in charge of QC on a couple thousand cases by now. I feel some people live in a bunker with no connection to the outside world where they demand their money back because the case has not been delivered yet or "they should have pressed out the kinks during the downtime" with production where manufacturing in China essentially stopped due to the pandemic at the beginning of the year and it takes time for everything to ramp back up and go back to normal. 

I have the updates on email notifications enabled so its nice to see updates that are bringing the Dune Pro one step closer to final production. 

On 9/1/2020 at 3:54 AM, CommanderAlex said:

Yes, it's quite an interesting journey with one of the members from the Dune Team (Alex) making his journey into Hong Kong before arriving into China for quality control of the materials for the case. Its odd though that one guy would be in charge of QC on a couple thousand cases by now. I feel some people live in a bunker with no connection to the outside world where they demand their money back because the case has not been delivered yet or "they should have pressed out the kinks during the downtime" with production where manufacturing in China essentially stopped due to the pandemic at the beginning of the year and it takes time for everything to ramp back up and go back to normal. 

I have the updates on email notifications enabled so its nice to see updates that are bringing the Dune Pro one step closer to final production. 

haha yeah totally regarding the neckbeard bunker guys. 

Although, with the QA, i assume he is going to set the QA standard for whatever QA process they are installing in the place of manufacture. Seems like a small company (maybe a few guys) who actually work full time for Dune so getting hands on with the company who is actually manufacturing would look as small as one guy (Alex) making the trip I suppose

17 minutes ago, _thomas said:

haha yeah totally regarding the neckbeard bunker guys. 

Although, with the QA, i assume he is going to set the QA standard for whatever QA process they are installing in the place of manufacture. Seems like a small company (maybe a few guys) who actually work full time for Dune so getting hands on with the company who is actually manufacturing would look as small as one guy (Alex) making the trip I suppose

Just checked their website and it appears they have an estimated delivery date of November 2020. At least they are back on track and can't wait for the case to come. I'll probably go with three noctua 120mm industrial fans for intake and then two noctua's 80mm for exhaust. 

fr3otpsd2vblg5srqigk.png

On 9/2/2020 at 2:04 PM, CommanderAlex said:

Just checked their website and it appears they have an estimated delivery date of November 2020. At least they are back on track and can't wait for the case to come. I'll probably go with three noctua 120mm industrial fans for intake and then two noctua's 80mm for exhaust. 

fr3otpsd2vblg5srqigk.png

ahhhh! great to hear the planning has already started on your end! I've been trying to hold off until I know the case is coming but i'm tempted to start planning too now

59 minutes ago, _thomas said:

ahhhh! great to hear the planning has already started on your end! I've been trying to hold off until I know the case is coming but i'm tempted to start planning too now

Yeah well I plan on just buying the case fans and transferring the "guts" of my current build over into the Dune Pro case. I would probably reuse my current case with its fans inside to put back together my old build for my dad as he needs a desperate upgrade from a prebuilt from 2013. The only thing I would need is a PSU whenever the supply issues get smoothed out from the pandemic. 

• 1 year later...

It looks like the Dune Pro case is a scam they only shipped 26 cases before shutting down their website!