Cancel update button uninstalled entire game

Hello everyone! I need a little clarification about something:
What happened:
I was about to play COD: Warzone, when starting, the game showed a message that indicated that It had to be updated to play. No problem with that, I started the download. After a while I came back to my Xbox (XBOX ONE S) to see how was the update going. Because of some problem with my internet the download started at a very slow speed. Ok, that happened before, not a problem, I just gotta pause it and start the download again.
But, this time, I mistakenly press the "cancel" button, instead of the "pause", and my game was completely uninstalled from my console.
Is that supposed to happen? Cancelling an update deletes your game? For real I gotta download 103GB right now?

I dont think this is SUPPOSED to happen stricktly speaking, but the original may have been corrupted or somthing. Did you try to restart your system? Maby its just hiding;)

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

Uhhmmm... I think there was a bug that deleted the entire game if the user updated it ....or something equally ridiculous ...but I think that must be fixed by now.... or...?

yes that's normal for xbox afaik.

i think because when it updates. it directly over writes the game in real time.

it would be better if it downloads the update.... then updates the game once everything is done.

this is why i hate the way xbox updates. compared to playstation updates

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs