I need to rant for a second

minimalist

I have an all black keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, case, then my motherboard is blue, ram is blue, psu, fans are black, One thing though, they are not the best of the best or "gaming" components, if you search you will eventually find good looking hardware that might not be the best but maybe for you it will do the job and it will look good doing it.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

I don't understand this topic...

Looking for customizability, finds it, complains because it's too customizable...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

White LED. Maybe a solid black instead of that steel on the Corsair boards as well. The market for PC's is just weird for me I guess. Ok surprised nobody has seen an opportunity there and taken advantage of it. Seems like you guys are really deprived of good design. Then again, Apple is deprived of performance and upgradeability. The two worlds need to meet up and have a child already.

Go to the build logs and show off your setup section and try to say we are deprived of good design.  Don't be an ass.

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Only way you are going to get exactly what you want is if you mod the components. 

Is this something you would want?

MBX.MKII.P1.10.jpg

Also this might be just one giant...

7548.png

CPU \\ i7-3770K@4.6GHz Motherboard \\ MSI MPower Z77 RAM \\ 16GB 1886 Patriot Viper 3 GPU \\ EVGA GTX 670 SC+ 4GB CASE \\ Corsair 600T SE White Storage \\ Western Digital Black 2TB PSU \\ Seasonic SS-760XP2 Cooling \\ H100i + 3 Swiftech Helix 120s 

But before this goes further lets just part ways. Don't want to start a war. You have your opinions and I respect them. 

My intention wasn't to start a war.  I'm typically a pretty firery person so my apologies if I came across that way. 

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

I have an all black keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, case, then my motherboard is blue, ram is blue, psu, fans are black, One thing though, they are not the best of the best or "gaming" components, if you search you will eventually find good looking hardware that might not be the best but maybe for you it will do the job and it will look good doing it.

And that's the most frustrating part.  You finally find performance you want and then see the color screws everything up.  You might the color you want but the performance sucks.  It's vicious cycle lol

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Looking for customizability, finds it, complains because it's too customizable...

Clearly  :D

My intention wasn't to start a war.  I'm typically a pretty firery person so my apologies if I came across that way. 

I am also a fiery person so I did not want to go further, I tend to start wars :) All good.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Go to the build logs and show off your setup section and try to say we are deprived of good design.  Don't be an ass.

I'm not being an ass I'm being honest.  There's room for improvement.  I think there might actually be a market for what I'm saying.

Only way you are going to get exactly what you want is if you mod the components. 

Is this something you would want?

MBX.MKII.P1.10.jpg

Also this might be just one giant...

7548.png

It's beautiful.... :(

The only way you will get that level of minimalist perfection is if you put in some back bone and mod some of the stuff you buy. I love minimalism as well and I try my best to get as close as I can to it, but it became painstakingly obvious that I was never going to get that unless I pulled some stickers here or there. Take for example my motherboard, the MSI Z77 MPower motherboard. If you look it up you will find it has plates over the heatsinks on the motherboard that have a yellow sticker on them, I simply just removed those plates using a quick flip of the knife and now I have a 100% black motherboard. 

Also for your keyboard have you tried looking at the Corsair Vengeance K95 instead of the K70? It comes a premium price but it's basically the same price as a Blackwidow. 

CPU \\ i7-3770K@4.6GHz Motherboard \\ MSI MPower Z77 RAM \\ 16GB 1886 Patriot Viper 3 GPU \\ EVGA GTX 670 SC+ 4GB CASE \\ Corsair 600T SE White Storage \\ Western Digital Black 2TB PSU \\ Seasonic SS-760XP2 Cooling \\ H100i + 3 Swiftech Helix 120s 

The only way you will get that level of minimalist perfection is if you put in some back bone and mod some of the stuff you buy. I love minimalism as well and I try my best to get as close as I can to it, but it became painstakingly obvious that I was never going to get that unless I pulled some stickers here or there. Take for example my motherboard, the MSI Z77 MPower motherboard. If you look it up you will find it has plates over the heatsinks on the motherboard that have a yellow sticker on them, I simply just removed those plates using a quick flip of the knife and now I have a 100% black motherboard. 

Also for your keyboard have you tried looking at the Corsair Vengeance K95 instead of the K70? It comes a premium price but it's basically the same price as a Blackwidow. 

Too many keys :(  

Too many keys :(

Raptor K50? It has all the LED options you could possibly want.

nvm that has the same amount of keys...

You could just use an Apple keyboard if you really want.

Raptor K50? It has all the LED options you could possibly want.

nvm that has the same amount of keys...

You could just use an Apple keyboard if you really want.

I really wanted to go with a mechanical keyboard.  I already have a wireless compact apple keyboard and trackpad.  No bueno for gaming.  

What I really want is a K70 with white LED as well as black with white LED mouse.  I might just go with the blue LED K70 keyboard and M60 Mouse.

I really wanted to go with a mechanical keyboard.  I already have a wireless compact apple keyboard and trackpad.  No bueno for gaming.  

What I really want is a K70 with white LED as well as black with white LED mouse.  I might just go with the blue LED K70 keyboard and M60 Mouse.

That sounds fine, and if you ever get adventurous you can try and mod the LEDs since it's not that difficult.

And as I said, you don't have to worry about putting things together because they already offer a better designed product than anything out there.  The design is so good that you don't even think about options.  That's the one thing they have going for them.  You don't need to customize and with PC's you do.  Some of the crap out there for PC's is just that, crap.  

Yes, there's cheaper stuff made for the PC. There's a huge market for it. Not everyone can afford the high priced stuff Apple puts out. Cheaper price, cheaper product.

Would have thought that'd have been obvious?

Not a chance I'm spending $200-$250 on a keyboard.   :(

As for the backplates, I'll have to look into it.  It was going to be for a 780ti w/ ACX cooler.  Thanks for the heads up though.

The RGB keyboard should be cheaper than that, I'd ball park it around the $150 - $160 mark. They said it would be cheaper than the most expensive RGB membrane keyboard.

There will be cheaper ones later on. This is still a brand new switch, and Corsair I believe gets first use of it. So there will be a premium based on that alone.

That said, it's designed after the K70. So it sounds ideal for you. Keep in mind they use aluminum and each mechanical switch is over $0.25 each.

Nice things aren't cheap.

Hey look, I predicted someone like you would come along:

1)  It isn't about the color options.  It's bigger than that.  I guess I'm doing a bad job explaining it.  Apple offers a unified experience.  All of the hardware looks like it belongs together all the way down to their phones and tablets.  Yes, you don't get options but no one cares because it all looks great.  PC is much different.  You're left to build things yourself, which is fucking awesome.  The only problem is that when parts are built they aren't built from the perspective of people using them for performance as well as looks.  If they were, one board wouldn't come in one color.  One brand of board or memory for example doesn't come in multiple colors--although corsair does offer multiple colors for one brand which is cool.  

Why would it? Have you any idea how much it would cost to produce the motherboards in various colors? How would you decide how many of each to make? What if one color flops and no one buys it and you're left with the product? Making one color means that if you want the features of that board, you build around it. It's easier. AData provides many different colors for their RAM. There are companies with different colored coolers, fans, etc. Every SKU you add, adds increased risk of having unsold product.

T-shirts, furniture, cars, everything pretty much comes in more than one color for that reason.  People have tastes.  It just seems like the look of PC's is an afterthought to a lot of people.  I don't know about you but I want something that takes up a fair portion of a room to look pretty cool.  Not like something I had when I was 15. 

It is. There aren't many people that go "ooo look at the inside of your computer man!". Even a lot of my friends that are into gaming think that's stupid.

2) The problem with buying parts based on color is that you can be stuck with lesser quality.  I'm switching to PC because I want quality parts.  If I only cared about a quality exterior I'd buy Apple again.  I can't put a 780ti in my iMac.  I wish I could.  

It's actually shocking to me that there isn't a board by Asus or Gigabyte that doesn't have all black (and isn't over $200).  Black is the simplest color and won't screw with any of the other parts you have with color.  It might make the inside look bland, but that's better than ridiculous with a green motherboard and red memory.  Ooo yay, a Christmas themed PC.  How about just offer a board that is in multiple colors rather than one.  It's a small thing, I know.  But at the end of the day, those small things matter.  Those are what make the difference.  The design within the PC world isn't very good, I'm sorry, and offering options or singularity would help a little.  Instead, what's offered right now just makes it worse....from a design standpoint--which I understand some couldn't care less about.

I'm pretty sure they did that on purpose. Black looks cool. Jack the price up, if they want black they'll pay for it.

3) I've thought about a Hackintosh and may add an additional SSD to run OS X but I'm gonna stick with windows for a while when I make the switch.

And I know a good argument is that there are tons of companies, etc, etc.  Trends help with that.  Classicism helps with that.  Not to mention being aware of what other people put out helps with that.  Anyway, I feel strongly about this because I work in design and it bothers me now that I'm switching over to PC--and even though I don't like what I'm seeing doesn't mean I'm going back to Apple for those you feel the need to say, "well just stick with Apple."

Comments in bold.

Yeah, me either to be honest. There's tons of options, way more than you get with Apple.

There are quite a few RGB mice for you out there. Buy one of them and you have your choice of color.

I guess one way to look at it is this. How many threads have you seen about people complaining about not having 10 different colors for each component inside the computer?

Not a ton right?

That's why they don't bother. The demand simply isn't there. You don't increase costs to make a product 10 fold in order to appease a few people.

That said, I do understand where you're coming from. I'm doing a Canadian themed build. Easier, yes, as red components are available in droves. However white components? Significantly harder to find.

I'll just end up painting the RAM and a few of the other components. And I'm fine with that, because in the end I still get what I want.

Also the mechanical keyboard thing is kind of annoying, that's why I'm waiting for the RGB and to hell with what it costs, because that's what I want and I know if only one person provides it, it'll cost more.

Same with Apple..isn't it?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

i know im very picky but THIS THIS is a whole other level of picky :P :P

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

That sounds fine, and if you ever get adventurous you can try and mod the LEDs since it's not that difficult.

It's not difficult to mod the color of the led on the keyboard?  I've tried looking around for how to do it but I haven't seen much for the K70 or Blackwidow.

i know im very picky but THIS THIS is a whole other level of picky :P :P

Part of being a designer.  The devil's in the details.  lol

Wait for the rbg corsair keyboard and if it is too expensive get the k70. You can still use the apple keyboard meanwhile you wait for the release. Or get the k70, then sell it if the rbg is in your budget.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Try looking somewhere other than the first page of Google. 

I recommend you check out the build logs of the week section of  the forum.

There are some really beautiful rigs on there that look far better and cost far less than anything apple could make.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz Motherboard: MSI Z87 G43 RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked Case: Bitfenix Ronin

Storage: 120 GB Samsung 840 series SSD, WD Green 2TB PSU: XFX core edition 650W Display(s): ASUS VE228H 21.5IN 1080P Cooling: CM Hyper 212+

Keyboard: Microsoft P.O.S Mouse: Corsair Raptor M40 Sound: Sennheiser PC 330 Headset

Yes, there's cheaper stuff made for the PC. There's a huge market for it. Not everyone can afford the high priced stuff Apple puts out. Cheaper price, cheaper product.

Would have thought that'd have been obvious?

That wasn't my point.

The RGB keyboard should be cheaper than that, I'd ball park it around the $150 - $160 mark. They said it would be cheaper than the most expensive RGB membrane keyboard.

There will be cheaper ones later on. This is still a brand new switch, and Corsair I believe gets first use of it. So there will be a premium based on that alone.

That said, it's designed after the K70. So it sounds ideal for you. Keep in mind they use aluminum and each mechanical switch is over $0.25 each.

Nice things aren't cheap.

Well if it's that price I will buy it in a heartbeat.

Yeah, me either to be honest. There's tons of options, way more than you get with Apple.

No comment

There are quite a few RGB mice for you out there. Buy one of them and you have your choice of color.

I haven't really seen any that I like the look of other than the ability to have white LED.

I guess one way to look at it is this. How many threads have you seen about people complaining about not having 10 different colors for each component inside the computer?

Not a ton right?

Fair point. 

That's why they don't bother. The demand simply isn't there. You don't increase costs to make a product 10 fold in order to appease a few people.

You're technically not increasing costs.  All you're doing is swapping parts.  Actually, since black/white/gray are such common colors it might even be cheaper.  All you're doing is making less of one color.  

The other question is, how much are they losing by not making it in multiple colors and only in one.  I'm not sure if you deleted it or my mind is playing tricks on me but you mentioned by making more than one color they'd lose out.  I don't see it that way.  Plus, if people don't care about color, why would it matter?  If anything it would put a premium on other boards in better colors which would sell out quicker.  In this thread alone people have mentioned they don't like the color of something and won't get it because of that.  That seems like something to consider.

That said, I do understand where you're coming from. I'm doing a Canadian themed build. Easier, yes, as red components are available in droves. However white components? Significantly harder to find.

I'll just end up painting the RAM and a few of the other components. And I'm fine with that, because in the end I still get what I want.

So many good points from you and then you kind of concede!  What's up with that man?  lol

Also the mechanical keyboard thing is kind of annoying, that's why I'm waiting for the RGB and to hell with what it costs, because that's what I want and I know if only one person provides it, it'll cost more.

Same with Apple..isn't it?

Correct.

Wait for the rbg corsair keyboard and if it is too expensive get the k70. You can still use the apple keyboard meanwhile you wait for the release. Or get the k70, then sell it if the rbg is in your budget.

Is it hard to change the LED color in a keyboard?

Try looking somewhere other than the first page of Google. 

I recommend you check out the build logs of the week section of  the forum.

There are some really beautiful rigs on there that look far better and cost far less than anything apple could make.

Try reading through the entire thread before commenting first.  If you had you'd realize I've done plenty of homework and read well past the first page of google.  Thanks though.