NZXT H500 Requires Harder button press to turn on

platysaur

The past week, my PC has been acting weird. It usually doesn't take a lot of pressure to activate a PC's power switch, and this one is no exception. The usual pressure it takes to turn on my PC in its NZXT H500 case doesn't work anymore. It requires a harder press down (not super hard, mind you, but there's a clear difference). Now, I can't figure out if this issue would be with the power switch itself, or with the motherboard. Keep in mind, I'm not very good with PCs; I had someone else help me make mine 8 months ago and I contributed where I can. Either way, there seems to be a clear issue here. Initially I thought it was my PSU, but I don't think that's the case here. If the issue is just one of cosmetics (i.e., a harder press is required but nothing vital is broken), I can wait on it and get a replacement something when this is all over. But I hope this isn't a sign of a vital component failing.

• 4 months later...

My h510 also has this issue. Needs a deliberate click to actually boot it up. It only happened twice (today was the second instance) and I did notice I press it slightly weaker than usual so maybe it is just the button and not something else. The vital components are doing ok so far and maybe it is just the button having wonky tolerances from the factory, needs to actually press down with appropriate pressure.

It'd be the switch, the mechanism can wear and break, contacts can arc or tarnish and so on.