Updating Asus Mobo Bios

My cousin has a AMD FX-4300 and a Asus M5a78L-M LX3 which is I think cannot support the new FX series unless updated.

My question is can I update the mobo BIOS using the said processor without any issues?

Im planning to build his rig using those parts and gonna update the mobo once it boots up with the FX procie.

Is this okay even with an outdated BIOS version?

No, you will need a compatible CPU to update the BIOS. Check with the retailer and see if the board ships with the correct BIOS first?

Be aware that low budget motherboards tend to throttle AMD FX CPUs and you will not be getting full performance, due to under performing VRM hardware. If you plan on an FX build, the cheapest motherboard I would suggest going with is a 970A-UD3, or the 990FXA-UD3 for 8 core models.

i was lucky enough for my M5A78L-M LX V2 to support the new vishera's CPU's :D anyways, get a donor CPU e.g AMD sempron 140.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

The newer asus boards have the ability to flash the bios using a usb stick. No cpu and no ram needs to be installed while doing this. Read the manual, it might work on this board