Houston i have a rare problem

Another_Blood

Hello 

The other day I woke up with the computer on, I turned it off and after a while it turned back on, a friend tells me it could be the motherboard or the power supply, it is the first time it happens to me

my pc:

z390 designare 

2080super msi trio ( no x )

16gb ram 3000mhz corsair 

hx750w Plantinium corsair 

970 evo plus 1tb

ty all 

Is the pc being woken from sleep mode or was it completely shut down before turning on?

I had the same problem of my pc waking from sleep mode randomly and discovered it was a keyboard/mouse malfunction, so I went into device manager, went into the power management tabs for the keyboard and mouse and unchecked "allow this device to wake the computer"

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

Not sure if it's still happening, but a couple years back Windows was known to randomly turn on PCs to do an update

Obviously, I could be wrong but it could just be a random one off thing to happen, I've had it happen to my laptop before, as well as my 3 week old desktop, there's nothing wrong with either of them, but all I do now, just for peace of mind, is turn off my PC at the wall when I know I won't need it on for a while

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

1 hour ago, TrainFan2020 said:

Is the pc being woken from sleep mode or was it completely shut down before turning on?

I had the same problem of my pc waking from sleep mode randomly and discovered it was a keyboard/mouse malfunction, so I went into device manager, went into the power management tabs for the keyboard and mouse and unchecked "allow this device to wake the computer"

Yes i think dame’ o sidable now and Security mantinence off and wake up lan

59 minutes ago, Yebi said:

Not sure if it's still happening, but a couple years back Windows was known to randomly turn on PCs to do an update

I think for update w10

48 minutes ago, bengeoghegan11 said:

Obviously, I could be wrong but it could just be a random one off thing to happen, I've had it happen to my laptop before, as well as my 3 week old desktop, there's nothing wrong with either of them, but all I do now, just for peace of mind, is turn off my PC at the wall when I know I won't need it on for a while

36 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Most likely a software issue if nothing else has changed.

I think

ty all for quaotes

The problem has returned to me, it took 2 days without it happening and today I woke up with the PC on again, any other option?